Old 10-09-2005, 04:28 PM
RosietheRiviter

Default rugosa means what?

Could someone please tell me what the word rugosa means with plant
names? Often I buy plants and they have this word but I never know what
it means. Thanks

Old 10-09-2005, 04:46 PM
Anonny Moose

"RosietheRiviter" wrote in message
ups.com...
Could someone please tell me what the word rugosa means with plant
names? Often I buy plants and they have this word but I never know what
it means. Thanks

Wrinkled

Old 10-09-2005, 10:42 PM
Kay Lancaster

On 10 Sep 2005 08:28:49 -0700, RosietheRiviter wrote:
Could someone please tell me what the word rugosa means with plant
names? Often I buy plants and they have this word but I never know what

Wrinkled, often referring to leaf texturing.

Old 10-09-2005, 11:55 PM
paghat

In article , Kay Lancaster
wrote:

On 10 Sep 2005 08:28:49 -0700, RosietheRiviter wrote:
Could someone please tell me what the word rugosa means with plant
names? Often I buy plants and they have this word but I never know what

Wrinkled, often referring to leaf texturing.

Rug as in carpet. Osa, the name of an important Prince of Hell according
to The Pseudomonarchia Daemonum, but also a word meaning Bear. Hence
rugosa means "demonic bear rug." When it needs ironing, it's the Wrinkled
Demonic Bear Rug.

-paghat the ratgirl
--
Get your Paghat the Ratgirl T-Shirt he
http://www.paghat.com/giftshop.html
Old 11-09-2005, 06:30 AM
Warren

Salty Thumb wrote:
Rosa Rugosa Trumponi = Resembles Donald Trump after being mauled by a
bear and a love sick lumberjack, brought to you by Sesame Street and the
letter R.

Do you have a nursery that sells this by mail? I think I have the perfect
spot for that.

Old 14-09-2005, 04:07 AM
Salty Thumb

"Warren" wrote in
:

Salty Thumb wrote:
Rosa Rugosa Trumponi = Resembles Donald Trump after being mauled by
a bear and a love sick lumberjack, brought to you by Sesame Street
and the letter R.

Do you have a nursery that sells this by mail? I think I have the
perfect spot for that.

I've been looking for it myself. Could be it's not available to mere
mortals because of strict controlls on the so called "intellectual
property" rights. The best you can do is buy the cut flowers he

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=...Search+Froogle

um, oh yeah, do not ask me how I know this.
Old 14-09-2005, 10:22 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosietheRiviter
Could someone please tell me what the word rugosa means
salty , paghat ....you both make me laff ty