GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Grass seed in the Fall? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/106282-grass-seed-fall.html)

JC 16-09-2005 09:10 PM

Grass seed in the Fall?

X-No-Archive:yes

I've got some bare spots etc. in the lawn now, is it best to seed now
or wait until Spring?
TIA

Travis 16-09-2005 09:45 PM

JC wrote:
X-No-Archive:yes

I've got some bare spots etc. in the lawn now, is it best to seed
now or wait until Spring?
TIA

Late Summer/early Fall is the best time. The roots will have all winter
to grow.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5

Kay Lancaster 17-09-2005 03:42 AM

On 16 Sep 2005 13:10:39 -0700, JC wrote:
X-No-Archive:yes

I've got some bare spots etc. in the lawn now, is it best to seed now
or wait until Spring?

Depends on where you are and what species you're growing. But yes,
fall is usually a really good time to reseed lawns.