Old 11-02-2003, 02:25 AM
dp

Default Fence Post Protector does it work? has anybody used it?

I have nearly cut down my fence and mailbox post with my string
trimmer, the weed wacker is damaging my fence posts when i trim for
weeds and grass. I have found one product that claims to solve this
problem on www.Pro-Intl.com
the Fence Post Protector, and protects a fence post anchor - whats
that?
Has anyone tried it? does it work?
any info about these types of products would be great.
thanks
dp
Old 11-02-2003, 03:55 AM
Gary Heston

In article ,
dp wrote:
I have nearly cut down my fence and mailbox post with my string
trimmer, the weed wacker is damaging my fence posts when i trim for
weeds and grass. I have found one product that claims to solve this
problem on www.Pro-Intl.com
the Fence Post Protector, and protects a fence post anchor - whats
that?

A fence post anchor is a thing that is driven or buried in the ground
and holds a fence post upright.

Has anyone tried it? does it work?

No, and no idea. My fence posts are metal and set directly in concrete.

any info about these types of products would be great.
thanks

I've seen fence post anchors at Home Depot; they can probably provide
a nice spiel about the advantages of them.

They can also sell you a roll of 6" wide flashing that you can cut into
short pieces and nail around the base of your fence and mailbox posts.

Gary

--
Gary Heston

"You can't put the tube back in the toothpaste." Rep. Steve LaTourette,
defending Rep. James Traficant at his explusion vote.
Old 11-02-2003, 02:25 PM
wmbjk

"dp" wrote in message
om...
I have nearly cut down my fence and mailbox post with my string
trimmer,

Never mind the silly post-protector spam, I just want to hear the
details about a string trimmer that has the power to mow fence posts.

Wayne

Old 11-02-2003, 02:55 PM
Dwight Sipler

wmbjk wrote:

"dp" wrote in message
om...
I have nearly cut down my fence and mailbox post with my string
trimmer,

Never mind the silly post-protector spam, I just want to hear the
details about a string trimmer that has the power to mow fence posts...

I suppose that once the fence post starts to rot at the ground level any
old string trimmer could cut through it. All you have to do is wait long
enough for the post to rot.
Old 11-02-2003, 03:25 PM
Pat Meadows

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003 06:51:00 -0700, "wmbjk"
wrote:

"dp" wrote in message
. com...
I have nearly cut down my fence and mailbox post with my string
trimmer,

Never mind the silly post-protector spam, I just want to hear the
details about a string trimmer that has the power to mow fence posts.

That was precisely my thought too ... ours (an electric one)
barely goes through some of the weeds. I know the
gas-powered ones are stronger, but....

Pat
--
Pat Meadows
CLICK DAILY TO FEED THE HUNGRY

Old 11-02-2003, 03:25 PM
RA1

The post was probably implanted with soil right against it versus gravel
that lets water drain away - consequently it's rotting out and is weak.

--
To reply by email, remove "x" from

Old 12-02-2003, 05:55 AM
David L

All my fence posts are set in concrete which has been domed up from
the earth allowing the water/soil to drain away from the base.

I can't think of the exact material, but isn't there some kind of
cheap tough plastic to nail around the base of the post? Gallon size
commercial gardening container? Maybe a shot of grass killer at the
base?

Old 12-02-2003, 05:25 PM

In misc.rural David L wrote:
All my fence posts are set in concrete which has been domed up from
the earth allowing the water/soil to drain away from the base.

I can't think of the exact material, but isn't there some kind of
cheap tough plastic to nail around the base of the post? Gallon size
commercial gardening container? Maybe a shot of grass killer at the
base?

I've been pretty happy with using corregated draintile, about a 1'
length or so. Looks kinda goofy, but keeps my weedwhacker from
cutting 'em down

[IMG] code is On

Does anybody know whether plant pathogen fungus Erysiphe has PectateLyase gene? xinyou gao Plant Biology 0 19-05-2007 02:00 AM
Work, Work, Work Hud Edible Gardening 21 10-05-2007 12:23 AM
Scotts® Turf Builder® Lawn Fertilizer with 2% Iron Has anybody used it Keith Corwell Gardening 1 25-04-2006 03:29 PM
Fence Post Protector does it work? has anybody used it? Gary Woods United Kingdom 2 12-02-2003 11:54 AM