GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   i.d. mystery plant? web page and better (hopefully) pictures (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/107514-i-d-mystery-plant-web-page-better-hopefully-pictures.html)

Sterling 28-09-2005 03:06 PM

i.d. mystery plant? web page and better (hopefully) pictures

http://home.comcast.net/~sterhill/plant/plant.html

has some close ups with a ruler and a better pix of the whole plant - I
took it out to the porch... which is a good thing as I was photographing
it, I noticed some tiny webs on the main thorns and will give it a good
spray today.

No one has ever been able to identify this plant so I am hopeful I will
get an answer - I'll be happy to take more pictures...

TIA,
Sterling

mleblanca 29-09-2005 05:29 AM

Sterling wrote:
http://home.comcast.net/~sterhill/plant/plant.html

has some close ups with a ruler and a better pix of the whole plant - I
took it out to the porch... which is a good thing as I was photographing
it, I noticed some tiny webs on the main thorns and will give it a good
spray today.

No one has ever been able to identify this plant so I am hopeful I will
get an answer - I'll be happy to take more pictures...

TIA,
Sterling

Sterling,
With those thorns, I think that your plant is a species of Acacia.
There are many species, and some have flattened leaf stalks called
phyllodes, rather than pinnate leaves. Maybe someone can give you a
species.
Emilie
NorCal

W. Kirk Crawford 02-10-2005 10:32 PM

It looks like something like my Bamboo.

W. Kirk Crawford
Rochester Hills, Michigan

Cereus-validus....... 03-10-2005 12:32 AM

Oh really, Kirk?

Which Bamboo do you have that looks like an Asparagus?