GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Minwax wood hardener (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/108632-minwax-wood-hardener.html)

Paulo_S 31-10-2005 12:13 PM

Minwax wood hardener

Hi,
It would like to know if somebody knows here where I can buy Minwax High Performance Wood Hardener.
Thanks.

Vox Humana 31-10-2005 02:21 PM

Minwax wood hardener

"Paulo_S" wrote in message

Hi,
It would like to know if somebody knows here where I can buy Minwax
High Performance Wood Hardener.
Thanks.

You can get it online he
http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=...og le&show=dd

Also, you might look in the paint department of your hardware store. I have
purchased wood consolidators and polymer wood repair products from Lowe's.
although I don't think they were Minwax brand products. I had a decayed
porch column and some rotted areas on the porch railing. I removed the
worst wood with a wire brush and treated the remaining wood with a mixture
of 50% antifreeze 50% water solution with as much boric acid as I could
dissolve. That kills and prevents fungal and insect damage. Be sure to
keep animals away from the area while it dries and antifreeze is very toxic.
Then I saturated the area with wood consolidator. When that cured, I filled
the area with a Bondo-like wood repair putty.