GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Question Amaryllis Grown in Water (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/10874-question-re-amaryllis-grown-water.html)

[email protected] 18-03-2003 04:20 PM

Question Amaryllis Grown in Water

After the holidays passed, Home Depot had a clearance on
amaryllis bulbs..only $1.25ea. Most however were on their
way out..either rotting in the bag or deformed as they had
begun growning inside the bag. I found a half dozen in not
too bad shape, and thought I'd give a try to growing them in
water. They rewarded me with the most stunning
blooms...eight per bulb!

My question now is...can I keep the bulbs/plant going and
hope to see this showy performance next season? I'm not sure
how to go about it. I've never had much luck transplanting a
'rooted in water' plant to a pot. Some folks suggest I just
toss them given that they were so cheap...but silly as it
sounds, they were so good to me, I'd like to return the
favor and give them a chance to come around again. Any
suggestions?

Thanks in advance!