GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Killing grass (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/10912-killing-grass.html)

JNJ 18-03-2003 10:08 PM

Killing grass

Ok, I have some grass I want to kill but I do not want to kill any other
plants that are commingled with the grass.

Anybuddy know of a way to do this?

James

Phisherman 19-03-2003 01:56 AM

Killing grass

On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 17:06:37 -0500, "JNJ" wrote:

Ok, I have some grass I want to kill but I do not want to kill any other
plants that are commingled with the grass.

Anybuddy know of a way to do this?

James

Pull out the grass. Actually, that's what I do. It is much easier
after a rain or after soaking the gound to get the roots. Add the
pulled grass and roots to the compost. (Too bad I can't do this with
poison ivy!)

B & J 19-03-2003 06:20 AM

Killing grass

"JNJ" wrote in message ...
Ok, I have some grass I want to kill but I do not want to kill any other
plants that are commingled with the grass.

Anybuddy know of a way to do this?

James

There are products that are grass specific killers with the exception of
sedge (a.k.a. nut) grass. I'm not about to mention them. Do a web search or
check with your extension agent. They'll help you.

John

J. Farnsworth Wallaby 20-03-2003 02:44 PM

Killing grass

Hi James,

Here in southern california we use a product from GreenLight called, oddly
enough,"Amaze". It kills the broadleaf, oxalis and other weed pests WITHOUT
harming your coveted plant materials. It works for 4 to 6 months between
applications. Their website is:

www.greenlightco.com

Bonne Chance,

Alain