GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Growing UK tomatoes in the tropics (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/109188-growing-uk-tomatoes-tropics.html)

Tom Farrell 19-11-2005 11:31 AM

Growing UK tomatoes in the tropics

I live in Phuket, Thailand and am trying to grow Cerise and Moneymaker tomatoes from seed which I bought in the UK. To try to obtain the conditions in which I used to grow tomatoes in the UK I have germinated one seed of each and have the pots in an ice box where I can maintain the temperature at about 15 degrees celcius. There is plenty of light. If I grow the seedlings at this temperature for a couple of months or until the seedlings are about 6 inches tall and then place them in pots on the patio, will I have any success?. The tomatoes here are really terrible and I have to do something. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

sajid 14-11-2007 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Farrell (Post 575151)
Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

i dont see how it would be diffrent from growing tomatoes in uk ?

GOOD LUCK..