Old 19-03-2003, 12:32 AM
Mceezee

Default Daffodils

My daffodils are starting to almost come out. It seems each year I get less
and less blooms. Is there something I can do this year after they bloom
(Miracle Gro or something else) that will encourage more blooms for next year.
Old 19-03-2003, 02:32 AM
TakeThisOut

My daffodils are starting to almost come out. It seems each year I get less
and less blooms. Is there something I can do this year after they bloom
(Miracle Gro or something else) that will encourage more blooms for next
year.

Dig them up and split them!

..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
TAKETHISOUT budysbackagain(@)THAT TOO a-oh-ell dot com
Old 19-03-2003, 07:44 AM
Snooze

"Mceezee" wrote in message

My daffodils are starting to almost come out. It seems each year I get

less
and less blooms. Is there something I can do this year after they bloom
(Miracle Gro or something else) that will encourage more blooms for next

year.

After the season is over, and the grass has started to die back, dig up the
bulbs, and see if any of them need to be divided. When you plant them back
in the ground, add a pinch of bonemeal.

Watering with Miracle Gro might help a bit, but unlikely to do much for this
year.

Sameer

Old 19-03-2003, 10:08 AM
Anne Middleton/Harold Walker

I allow all of mine to "naturalize' and accept whatever comes.......plus an
annual liberal spreading of 10-10-10 fertilizer........I just broadcast it
over the area.......that job will be done shortly to give a supply of extra
'food' for 'after flowering' when they are storing for next year.......HW.
"Snooze" wrote in message
hlink.net...
"Mceezee" wrote in message

My daffodils are starting to almost come out. It seems each year I get

less
and less blooms. Is there something I can do this year after they bloom
(Miracle Gro or something else) that will encourage more blooms for next

year.

After the season is over, and the grass has started to die back, dig up

the
bulbs, and see if any of them need to be divided. When you plant them back
in the ground, add a pinch of bonemeal.

Watering with Miracle Gro might help a bit, but unlikely to do much for

this
year.

Sameer

[IMG] code is On

Bluebird Houses & Daffodils Poking up was: What to do.... *grin* [email protected] North Carolina 8 01-05-2003 06:46 PM
Voles ate Our Daffodils !! John Nolan United Kingdom 4 14-04-2003 11:45 PM
Daffodils drooping Mceezee Gardening 2 02-04-2003 02:32 AM
Wimpy Daffodils :-( Bippy North Carolina 0 15-03-2003 09:44 PM
Daffodils Beachcomber United Kingdom 8 01-01-2003 05:30 AM