GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Lawns (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/109594-lawns.html)

tinytee 04-12-2005 10:58 PM

Lawns

HI,

I have a very small garden and a very large dog (Alsation). The
problem with that is she has almost destroyed the grass. It looks like
it has hair loss. :-)

Any suggestions for curing this please?

[email protected] 05-12-2005 01:16 AM

Lawns

most likely this is due to the acidity of dog urine. There are
products available at pet stores to neutralize the acidity and help
repair the grass.

chula

Travis M. 05-12-2005 02:20 AM

Lawns

tinytee wrote:
HI,

I have a very small garden and a very large dog (Alsation).
The
problem with that is she has almost destroyed the grass. It
looks
like it has hair loss. :-)

Any suggestions for curing this please?

Get a bigger yard, a smaller dog or take her out to a large
off-leash park at least once a day.

Our G. Shepherd mix loves to run up and down the sides of the
ravine we take her to and she leaves the yard alone. We did have
to thwart her attempts to dig under the fence.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5