GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Downy Woodpecker (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/109646-photo-week-downy-woodpecker.html)

[email protected] 07-12-2005 04:21 AM

PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Downy Woodpecker

The Downy is a very common bird around here and they nest in tree holes
every year.

This picture is more about the feeder than the bird.

js

Astronomy, Beer, Cheese, Fiber,Gems, Sausage,Silver
http://schmidling.com

sockiescat 15-12-2005 03:06 AM

--
PHOTO OF THE WEEK:
http://schmidling.com/pow.htm
Astronomy, Beer, Cheese, Fiber,Gems, Sausage,Silver
http://schmidling.com

i can see where the squirrels would really go nuts over trying to get the peanuts but the birds would really enjoy them. i love the pic of the woodpecker we used to have a family of them here on our farm but i havent seen any this past year i really miss them.
thanks for sharing your pic. sockiescat.