Old 08-12-2005, 04:45 PM posted to rec.gardens
Doug Kanter

Default Throwing Snow In Neighbors Yard? Illegal? LONG!!

"bigjon" wrote in message
On Thu, 08 Dec 2005 15:30:25 GMT, Doug Kanter wrote:

"zxcvbob" wrote in message
Doug Kanter wrote:

I suppose she could also hire someone with a plow, and have an eight
foot
wall of snow moved into his driveway.

That's my favorite idea yet.

Best regards,
Bob

If she picked the day right, in terms of weather, she could then hose
down
the snow pile, thereby creating nice, thick ice crust which would make it
total pain in the ass to deal with. :-)

ROFL

I've learned quite a bit from years of creating huge snow ramps for my son
and his friends. :-)

Old 08-12-2005, 05:00 PM posted to rec.gardens
Anonny Moose

Default Hey Everyone...

Michelle, this guy is a classic bully. I'm afraid he's tested you and found
you to be an easy victim. Check online for strategies to deal with bullies.
You'll pull up a lot of hits for child bullies, but look for office bullies
and you'll find more relevant info. I think you'll have to push him right
back to slow him down until you can afford that fence. Don't let his stares
intimidate you. Does he have a wife you can talk reasonably with?

Old 08-12-2005, 09:19 PM posted to rec.gardens
Valkyrie

I like the idea on someone checking on his Disability, because he claims
he has a "bad back" but I have seen him #1 mow his lawn in the summer,
#2 change the oil in his truck and mini-van in the driveway, #3 carry
and stack firewood this past fall in his backyard, #4 carry tables down
his driveway to his front yard to set up a tag sale, #5 dig a vegetable
garden with a garden hoe, and #6 carry bag of grocerys and big bags of
dog food into his home, to name only a few. And both his lawnmower and
snowblower are NOT an electric start, its one of those where he has to
pull the rope.

Thanks Everybody!!!

The first thing you need to do is call your state disability office, they
usually have a fraud hotline. When you give them his name and address they
will #1 say, "not our problem" or #2 send out an investigator. If you do
decide to do some video taping yourself I wouldn't be obvious about it. The
guy isn't balanced and no telling what harm you may come to if he feels you
are "spying". IF this guy is on disability, and depending on how long he's
been milking this, and if fraud is proven he'll most likely have his house
for sale soon to pay back the gubmint checks and legal fees while he sits in
jail for a little time out to think about the error of his ways. Then you'll
probably get brand new neighbors who are very friendly, smile and wave at
you a lot and never clear snow......or mow their lawn, have fighting,
screaming kids, loud cars and stereos, toss beer cans instead of cigarette
butts and constantly barking dogs.

Val

Old 08-12-2005, 10:07 PM posted to rec.gardens
Chuckie

Whatever you do, don't do any thing you could possibly get sued over.
Chuckie in the frozen north zone 5

Old 08-12-2005, 10:55 PM posted to rec.gardens
William Brown

If you think this is a real problem, and are willing to live with some
possible escalation, then it is time to do something. Most of the
suggestions posted here will cost you something, and since you said you
don't want to put up a fence because of cost, I am thinking you don't
want to spend a lot of money on this.

Since you have already talked to him without result, I think you should
save the jar of butts, wait until the next time he is snowblowing
against your home, and call the police. I live in a suburb with a very
good police force, and they would come out and talk to both of you, and
probably explain to him how to adjust his snowblower and to keep his
butts to himself. If he lies to the officer about the butts, pull out
your stash and suggest that they can be tied to him by DNA. At that
time your neighbor will be on weak ground vis a vis the police (in many
places, giving a false statement to the police is a crime), and I think
they should deal with him more forcefully. Keep a note of the officer's
name and the date, and if your neighbor repeats his infractions, call
the police again and mention that officer x had already tried to deal
with this on this date, and you really want it stopped.

On the other hand, if you don't have a good police force, I suggest you
hire an attorney just to write a cease and desist letter to your
neighbor and have it delivered by certified mail. This will cost a bit,
but it shouldn't be too much, and I think it is fair to say that most
people receiving such a letter would get nervous. Have the attorney
give you a copy of the letter with the proof of delivery in case things
escalate.

Turning him in for faking a disability would be a lot of work; you don't
really know what his disability is, only what he has told you (maybe
he's a mental case and doesn't want to admit it), and you would first
have to find out who of many possible entities is paying him, then
contact them. And many disability payments become protected after
having been paid so long, even if the disabled person recovers to some
extent. On the other hand, if there is an aggressive investigatory
media in your area, and they need a story, you might give them a call.

MICHELLE H. wrote:
Hey Everyone,

THANKS for ALL of the great responses and info., I really do appreciate
it!! I actually feel a little bit better now that I have "vented". I
think taking pictures and using a video camera is definitely a good
start, so that I have proof. You know, I do know that like he said "its
only snow, and it'll melt", but why run the snowblower so high that it
hits my house? I can let the blowing the snow onto my grass "slide", but
not when it is hitting my siding and windows, landing on my front
stairs, and front sidewalk, or burying my 2-3 foot dwarf Alberta Spruce
trees that I just planted this past spring, or burying my 3 basement
windows.

Why the basement windows? Because my laundry room is in the basement and
I do the laundry down there during the day, and if the windows are
buried, no natural light comes in, and I have to waste electricity
during the day by having the basement lights on.

Also, someone asked where I find the time to pickup and count the
Cigarette butts? Thats because he stands on his small back porch and
faces my house and stares at my house (or at me everytime I am outside)
and almost always throws the cig. butts in the same area, directly
across from where he is standing on his back porch and into my yard.

So what I was doing was when I was raking the leaves this past fall, I
would have 2 barrels/paper leaf bags with me. He doesn't rake his leaves
and so they all blow over into my yard. So I was going out every single
day ( Monday-Sunday ) and raking the leaves and cig. butts up into a
separate piles. I would throw the leaves into 1 barrell/bag and the cig.
butts into the other bag/barrell.

Then each day I would throw them into a mason jar after I picked them
all up. Well like I said, there were at least 7-10 in my yard per day. I
did this for 3 weeks and week #1 there were 63 total, week #2 there were
#57, and week #3 there were 65. So right now there is snow on the
ground, and of course I can't see them, because Marlboro Lights are
White cigarettes, but I figure that by time spring gets here in April (
5 months from now ) and all the snow is melted, ( and at 60 cig. butts a
week that he throws into my yard ) there will be roughly 1,600 cigarette
butts on my property.

I have all his stinky cig. butts that I collected over the 3 weeks in a
mason jar and was thinking of wrapping it up and giving it to him or
mailing it to him as a Christmas present!!!

NO, I am only kidding!!!!!!

Someone also asked me "WHY worry about the cigartte butts, because when
I mow my lawn, they will just get chewed up by the lawnmower". In
regards to the Cigerette butts, they have filters, and they will not
just grind up and disappear as if they were field stripped. You can't
just grind up the cigarette butts with the mower as someone told me.

The cigarettes have those hard cotton filters, and they almost NEVER
break down. With all the cigarette butts that my jerk neighbor throws
over here, I HAVE run them over with my lawnmower to try to get rid of
them, but the hard cotton filters just spit right back out. So unless I
pick them up by hand, they will be there forever.

Old 09-12-2005, 12:50 AM posted to rec.gardens
MICHELLE H.

Default Hey Val-He Already Has a Barking Dog!!!

He does have a dog that is constantly barking ALL the time!! He has one
of those little white American Eskimo dogs, and the damn thing NEVER
shuts up. He keeps the dog outside and couped up 24 hours a day in a dog
kennel/cage type of thing and the dog is barking EVERY 5 minutes,
including 1, 2, 3, 4 am in the morning!!!

Old 09-12-2005, 01:09 PM posted to rec.gardens
Doug Kanter

"MICHELLE H." wrote in message
He does have a dog that is constantly barking ALL the time!! He has one
of those little white American Eskimo dogs, and the damn thing NEVER
shuts up. He keeps the dog outside and couped up 24 hours a day in a dog
kennel/cage type of thing and the dog is barking EVERY 5 minutes,
including 1, 2, 3, 4 am in the morning!!!

In many towns, that's illegal, too. Here, barking for more than 15 minutes
is enough for the cops to stop by, followed shortly thereafter by the animal
control slug.

Old 12-12-2005, 06:50 PM posted to rec.gardens
Gideon

Pete Kruzer wrote:
Now if his cat was shitting in your yard, everyone would be
against him and his cat!!

=========

Bullseye!

Old 13-12-2005, 02:06 AM posted to rec.gardens

this is really very good. but I also agree that he is a bully. I would start with a
complete online circuit court search. also sex offender search. find out if this
guy is really a wuse ass or if he might be dangerous. and make sure he "owns" the
home rather than renting cause if he is renting find his landlord and start bitching
big time.

everyone must understand (being a smoker) that when a butt is flicked it is LIVE.
that is, it is a fire threat. do call the cops on the yapping dog (for godsake do
the dog a favor!). do video tape him exercising and send to proper authorities.

If somebody started messing with me like that my instinct would be to sneak out at
night and toss raw shit on his back porch. one for every butt I would throw shit
against his house after he got thru snowblowing.

OR, I would find some friendly well tattooed Harley guys and ask them to do me a
favor .... go up to his house and have a friendly chat with him about laying off.
You dont know any? offer to pay them. Nothing rough, nothing threatening.
Ingrid

"Doug Kanter" wrote:
Keep in mind that some people are raised as pigs, by older pigs, and are
totally unsocialized. I used to have neighbors whose teenage daughter would
go out for ice cream with her friends almost every night, and as she
returned, she and her pig friends would toss ice cream cups, plastic spoons
and napkins out the car window. When we spoke to her father, who was also a
pig, and explained that we didn't appreciate trash all over the lawn &
street, he acted like this was a revelation.

You may need to train your pig. This process is sometimes more effective if
you lead him by the nose to the conclusion that any behavioral changes were
his idea. If you reach the point of calling the police, they'll probably ask
if you've tried talking to the pig. At least you can say you did.

Try this:

You: Listen, is there a good reason why you keep tossing your cigarette
butts onto my lawn?

That's it. Shut up, and stare at him. It's a totally open-ended question
which requires that he either speak, or slam the door in your face. There is
no possible good reason, so no matter what he says, you respond "I'm sorry.
I must not have made myself clear. I said 'a GOOD reason'. Is there one?" He
may actually stop doing it. If not, call the cops. You've done all you can.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at
http://weloveteaching.com/puregold/
sign up: http://list.lovemyoldhome.com/web/wa.cgi?REPORT&z=3
www.drsolo.com
I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other
compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for
any of the recommendations I make.
AND I DID NOT AUTHORIZE ADS AT THE OLD PUREGOLD SITE

Old 15-12-2005, 07:37 AM posted to rec.gardens
MICHELLE H.

Default Questions...

I have been getting a bunch of different questions asking more about my
jerky neighbor and his RUDE actions, so I will try to answer most of
them for you guys/gals:

1) "How does he get along with the other neighbors?":
--------------------------------------------------------------- I don't
think he ever talks to the neighbors on the other side ( to the right )
of him because the right side of his yard is all fenced in with a 6 foot
high stockade fence, so I guess he doesn't like people throwing stuff in
his yard!! He also doesn't talk to the neighbors across the street from
us either.

BUT he has NO PROBLEM watching everybody!!! He watches EVERY move that
we ( his neighbors ) all make. My other neighbor across the street told
me and I quote that, "he is the eyes of the neighborhood".

2) "Does he have a barking dog?":
--------------------------------------------------------------- He does
have a dog that is constantly barking ALL the time!! He has one of those
little white American Eskimo dogs, and the damn thing NEVER shuts up. He
keeps the dog outside and couped up 24 hours a day in a dog kennel/cage
type of thing and the dog is barking EVERY 5 minutes, including 1, 2, 3,
4 am in the morning!!!

He also has about 30 chickens and roosters which are always crowing
bright and early at like 5 am and has about 50 rabbits which he lets run
around loose and they come over into my yard.

3) "Does he rent or own his home?":
--------------------------------------------------------------- He owns
his home.

4) "How old is this guy":
--------------------------------------------------------------- Probably
between 45-55 ( roughly )

5) "Does he have a wife I can talk to?":
He has a wife, but she is or at least seems snotty and stuck up. She
NEVER says hi or anything and is the type of person that will look the
other way if she sees you and PRETEND like she doesn't see you.

6) "How long have I lived next to him?":
--------------------------------------------------------------- I moved
in to my current home about 2 years ago. I am not sure how long he has
been in his house for? I think he has been here for at least a couple of
years.

7) "Have I had any problems with him before?":
No, I have never had any kind of fights or arguments with him before. I
have always been nice to him even though I have only talked to him
occasionally.

When his lawnmower was broken in the summer, I asked him if he wanted to
borrow mine so that he could mow his lawn, even though he refused.

When part of a big tree in his backyard fell down this past summer,
during a thunderstorm and landing in his backyard, I let him borrow my
chainsaw so that he could cut it up. This is how I saw him stacking the
firewood in his backyard the next day with his "bad back" and "bad legs"
that he claims he has?

When he went away on summer vacation for a week, he asked me if I could
watch over his house and water his vegetable garden for him, which I
did.

So I have done all the above for him, but he still throws his cigarette
butts, wrappers, trash, and snow into my yard???

Maybe he gets mad because I don't talk to him when he is standing there
watching me as he smokes his cigs.?? This is one thing I really hate, is
he watches EVERYTHING I do outside in my yard, and this really makes me
mad, so I will just do what his wife does to me, and ignore him and
pretend he isn't even there.

Whether I am watering my flowers, planting flowers/vegetables/trees,
mowing the lawn, weeding, raking leaves, washing my car, shovelling
snow, etc, etc. he has to come outside onto his back porch, stand there,
smoke his Cigarette and WATCH ME!!! And even if I am outside for a long
period of time, he is out there EVERY 10 MINUTES with another cigarette
in his mouth puffing away looking at me!!! So I just ignore him.

OR

Maybe he is jealous because I work hard to TRY to keep my yard looking
nice. I like to plant my flowers, plant trees, take care of my grass
with grass seed and fertilizer, and stuff like that, and his yard is a
mess. His yard has cardboard boxes everywhere, the hedges are all
overgrown and haven't been trimmed in what looks like at least 2-3
years, his gutters are clogged and OVERFLOWING with leaves, when he mows
his lawn, he has his mower at the lowest setting and SCALPS the grass
and so its all dead and brown, he doesn't rake his leaves in the fall,
and so there are leaves everywhere, there are papers, laundry detergent
bottles, soda cans, and sticks/branches littering his backyard, to name
only a FEW things.

So maybe he sees how his yard is all dirty and filthy with debris and
litter, and that I like to take care of my yard, so thats why he throws
his cigarette butts, wrappers, and snow over into my yard, to make my
yard look messy too???

8) "When he throws the cigarette butts into my yard, are they still
lit?":
---------------------------------------------------------------YES!!! He
throws the cigarette butts over into my yard while they are still lit!!!
After he throws them over, I can see the smoke still coming up from
them. He does this whether it is cold, windy, wet, HOT, or DRY. I guess
he doesn't care if he causes a fire and burns down his house or MINE???

9) "WHAT kind of disability is he collecting?":
This is a tough one to answer as he never told me directly. But I am
almost positve though that he isn't on workers comp. He told me that he
hurt his back and legs a few years ago when he was helping his brother
move a couch up the stairs. He said he lost his balance and fell down
the stairs and ended up fracturing his spine and he now has 2 bad discs
in his back and pain in his legs, and he has to take about 15 different
pain medication pills a day to help with the pain.
He told me that he "only gets $600 dollars a month from disability." He
then told me that he "wishes that instead of getting injured at his
brothers home, he would have gotten injured at work at his former
factory job, because then he could have collected workers comp. through
his company and gotten more money monthly, because his current $600
dollars a month doesn't help him make ends-meet and he barely gets by."

So I assume that he is on Social Security Disabilty??

Old 27-11-2018, 09:14 PM posted to rec.gardens

replying to MICHELLE H., Angela Hier wrote:
I can't believe the horrible rude ignorant responses you got you were very
polite to say thank you for great advice it was horrible you did not have to
put up with an abusive neighbor like that he has his own yard to throw the
snow in in his own yard to throw the cigarette Monson I would do exactly what
he does like your one and only good advice through all of it right back if
possible it's not fair that you have all the salt that drips off his vehicle
put into your yard and kills your flowers that kills or grants I know because
I deal with them as well and I also need the space by the road to put my
dumpsters which he needs his space to and of course I get all the snow from
his side because he's sure not going to put any on his side and his front lawn
is perfect without any snow from the drive nope because it's all on my front
yard I'm to the point this year to call the police for the snow by the road I
don't care about the yard it's not a garden but by the road I do need that
space for my trash container and I do not need to have to bring move his snow
so I'm left with no option plus it makes it impossible for my company to come
and even open the door for so much of his snow it's just not fair he can put
it snow in his own yard

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/garden...ong-45919-.htm

Old 30-12-2018, 06:44 PM posted to rec.gardens

replying to MICHELLE H., iLinder wrote:
You are right to be indignant about possible property damage to your real
property. These properties appear to be older. The weeping tile from that era
cannot take additional snowload from another property nor is it designed to do
so. Further, if the underground soil is clay or acidic the melt water seeping
to the weeping tile in Spring will eat away at your exterior basement walls
eventually eroding and destroying the structural integrity of your home.
Ground water will entering your basement, stainingthe interior walls, surface
mould forms in a white crystalaline powder (a first sign of serious erosion)
which will eventually exacerbate your respitory health. You will develop
allergic symptoms and general health degredation.The additional snowload is a
trespass and nuisance and you are entitled to serve a cease and desist order a
recognizance or restraining order. Furthermore, he is creating a nuisance by
reason of the fact that you have to remove your snow to another place at your
cost in energy or dollars or off your property for which he is responsible.
When you eventually come to sell you dont want to be faced with structural
repair work and cosmetic fixing, property devaluation due to the neighbour.
Nip this is in the bud now and don't listen to the people who say its "just
snow". As well, there is a property owners right in law called 'right of quiet
enjoyment' to which you are entitled. It seems that he is transgressing this
material point of property law.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/garden...ong-45919-.htm

Old 30-12-2018, 09:31 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Sun, 30 Dec 2018 GMT wrote:
replying to MICHELLE H., iLinder wrote:
You are right to be indignant

[snip]

Take lots of pictures and contact the authorities, and perhaps a
lawyer.

In the US it's highly illegal to knowingly/purposefully dump snow on a
neighbor's property. But first how much snow are you talking... when
using a snow blower often the wind blows some small amount onto an
adjacent area and even into the user's face. I plow my snow onto my
own property, however when plowing the foot of my driveway some small
amount may end up on the town roadway, which I push back onto my
property but I can't get every last molecule. Here a foot of snow or
more is typical but I can't imagine an inch or two of snow can create
a problem... an inch of snow is equivelant to a tenth inch of rain.
Old 31-12-2018, 03:35 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.food.cooking

On 12/30/2018 4:31 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 30 Dec 2018 GMT wrote:
replying to MICHELLE H., iLinder wrote:
You are right to be indignant

[snip]

Take lots of pictures and contact the authorities, and perhaps a
lawyer.

This from an asshole that throws his trash
out the window.