Old 09-12-2005, 04:57 PM posted to rec.gardens
birdieb

Default Potted Tiger Lily - help!

My plants (lilies - intense orange with tiny brown specks) are dying
slowly and I don't know why. The leaves start to show yellow edges and
in a few days they die. The bulbs are intact - I took the plant out of
the pot to check if I didn(t water it too much.

Old 10-12-2005, 06:59 PM posted to rec.gardens
Vox Humana

"birdieb" wrote in message
oups.com...
My plants (lilies - intense orange with tiny brown specks) are dying
slowly and I don't know why. The leaves start to show yellow edges and
in a few days they die. The bulbs are intact - I took the plant out of
the pot to check if I didn(t water it too much.

That is perfectly normal. They are not evergreen house plants.

Old 11-12-2005, 12:05 AM posted to rec.gardens
Sue Burnham

"birdieb" wrote in message
oups.com...
My plants (lilies - intense orange with tiny brown specks) are dying
slowly and I don't know why. The leaves start to show yellow edges and
in a few days they die. The bulbs are intact - I took the plant out of
the pot to check if I didn(t water it too much.

True Lilies do not stay evergreen, after flowering the current year
growth returns its nourishment to the bulb and goes brown. Cut the stalk
at the soil line, and plant it now in your garden if you can still dig .
Next spring it may give you just a stalk and leaves, perhaps another round
of flowers. Once established in the ground, it will flower on its normal
timetable.

If you can't dig and can't plant it in your ground right now, keep it cold
but not freezing and make sure to plant it as early as you may possibly
dig in the spring. Do not water, your effort now is to keep it dormant as
possible.

You've done nothing wrong.

Sue
Western Maine

Old 12-12-2005, 08:59 AM posted to rec.gardens
birdieb

Thank you very much for your help! I feel a lot better now knowing that
my flowers are not slowly dying.

[IMG] code is On

Potted Tiger Lily help birdieb United Kingdom 6 10-12-2005 01:44 PM
Potted Tiger Lily help! birdieb Plant Biology 4 10-12-2005 01:36 PM
The REAL tiger lily madgardener Gardening 2 10-07-2003 04:56 PM
Tiger Lily spider Gardening 9 09-07-2003 02:56 AM
Problem - Nymphaea Maculata (red african tiger lotus lily) lynsey Freshwater Aquaria Plants 8 20-04-2003 06:20 AM