GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Monster Hostas...... (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/109738-monster-hostas.html)

hostavalley 09-12-2005 11:04 PM

Monster Hostas......

Dear garden friends,

I've been very busy the last few days to place more then 50 new hosta
pictures on my Hostavalley website. I hope these pictures will help you
true a dark and cold winter evening.

The pictures are a slideshow from last visit at the Hosta Covention
(Cleveland) at Van & Shirley Wade Hosta collection. It's one of the
biggest in the world. They are famous about there "monster" hostas.Big
leave giants.....Plants you never seen before!!!!!!

But there are to many pictures to tell about......just see them and
enjoy....spring 2006 is still far away.................

Groeten

Jeroen linneman
http://www.hostavalley.com

Chuckie 09-12-2005 11:51 PM

Monster Hostas......

Great pics, I did not know that there was a hosta convention.
102 days until spring.
Chuckie in the frozen north zone 5

hostavalley 10-12-2005 12:20 AM

Monster Hostas......

Thanks Chuckie....it looks fast...but itīs still a long way to go till
spring!!!!!

thanks for your reaction

jeroen.

Chuckie 10-12-2005 01:52 AM

Monster Hostas......

Fast?
I don't know if I will suvive the winter
Chuckie in the frozen north zon 5

Cheryl Isaak 10-12-2005 11:49 AM

Monster Hostas......

I've been growing Mildred Seaver for number of years - it just gets better
and better. I've also had the pleasure of meeting Mildred the same day I got
my division.

Cheryl

On 12/9/05 6:04 PM, in article
, "hostavalley"

hostavalley 11-12-2005 10:53 PM

Monster Hostas......

OK Cheryl that's a nice story.....I met Mildred Seaver this Summer at
the Convention in cleveland.....great lady!!!!

I think also that Hosta 'Mildred Seaver' is a beauty...and I think
that shows on the picture...

Did you like the pictures of Van Wade's big Hostas............???

jeroen.

Cheryl Isaak 12-12-2005 12:36 AM

Monster Hostas......

On 12/11/05 5:53 PM, in article
, "hostavalley"
wrote:

OK Cheryl that's a nice story.....I met Mildred Seaver this Summer at
the Convention in cleveland.....great lady!!!!

She's interesting to talk to - we meet at a local (to me) daylily society
meeting and had a great chat!

I think also that Hosta 'Mildred Seaver' is a beauty...and I think
that shows on the picture...

It was my first foray into the world of named hostas!

Did you like the pictures of Van Wade's big Hostas............???

Yes! I've become a foliage addict over the last few years!

de Fragile Warrior Sports Supplies 22-12-2005 04:21 PM

Monster Hostas......

"hostavalley" wrote in message
oups.com...

The pictures are a slideshow from last visit at the Hosta Covention
(Cleveland) at Van & Shirley Wade Hosta collection. It's one of the
biggest in the world. They are famous about there "monster" hostas.Big
leave giants.....Plants you never seen before!!!!!!

Okay, where can I buy some Hosta 'Montreal Blue Ice Storm'??

Anthony B 23-12-2005 01:59 AM

Monster Hostas......

"de Fragile Warrior Sports Supplies" wrote in message

"hostavalley" wrote in message
oups.com...

The pictures are a slideshow from last visit at the Hosta Covention
(Cleveland) at Van & Shirley Wade Hosta collection. It's one of the
biggest in the world. They are famous about there "monster" hostas.Big
leave giants.....Plants you never seen before!!!!!!

Okay, where can I buy some Hosta 'Montreal Blue Ice Storm'??

Montreal Blue Ice Storm exists, but I'll be buggered if I know where tou
purchase any... try the links here - http://www.hosta.org/Hosta_Vendors.htm