GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Six days (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/109895-six-days.html)

Chuckie 15-12-2005 01:27 PM

Six days

I was examining the calender and noticed that in six days it will be
winter. Which on the positive side is okay because it bring us that
much closer to spring.
Also the shortest day of the year ( December 21st ) gives us hope
because the days only get longer from that piont forward
Chuckie in the frozen north zone 5

Koi-lo 15-12-2005 07:26 PM

Six days

"Chuckie" wrote in message
oups.com...
I was examining the calender and noticed that in six days it will be
winter. Which on the positive side is okay because it bring us that
much closer to spring.
Also the shortest day of the year ( December 21st ) gives us hope
because the days only get longer from that piont forward

You've never sat in Professor O'Neil's class. Those were the longest days
ever.

presley 16-12-2005 08:42 AM

Six days

Well, if you're not a morning person - (and I'm not), the length of daylight
is less important than the all-important sunset. The shortest length of
daylight is Dec. 21, but because the sunrise and sunset are out of synch,
the sun has actually already begun setting later and later each day (after
Dec. 12) YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(well, yes, it's only about 1 minute later than a week ago, but ,
still...........)
oups.com...

Chuckie 16-12-2005 12:28 PM

Six days

Some peaple suffer from winter depression because of little sulight in
the winter.
Chuckie in the frozen north zone 5

Persephone 17-12-2005 02:30 AM

Six days

On 16 Dec 2005 04:28:41 -0800, "Chuckie" wrote:

Some peaple suffer from winter depression because of little sulight in
the winter.
Chuckie in the frozen north zone 5

So they buy those special light bulbs and sit under them for a few
hours every day. Takes care of SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder).

Persephone

--

They that can give up essential liberty
to purchase a little temporary safety

Benjamin Franklin

Travis M. 17-12-2005 08:16 AM

Six days

wrote:

Some peaple suffer from winter depression because of little
sulight in the winter.
Chuckie in the frozen north zone 5

So they buy those special light bulbs and sit under them for a
few
hours every day. Takes care of SAD (Seasonal Affective
Disorder).

Persephone

Actually they sit facing them.

USDA Zone 8