GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Natural grass rehab / straw cover question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/1099-natural-grass-rehab-straw-cover-question.html)

RA1 11-02-2003 04:25 PM

Natural grass rehab / straw cover question

Hi,
I have about 14,000 sqr ft of ground surface that needs rehab after
construction activities. It's altitude is about 5,000 ft, located in
semi-arid central Colorado, which is in the fourth year of a drought.
After I churn the soil and rake in the the reclam. grass seed I intend
to cover it with straw - which i have been told is a good thing to do,
correct?

Question: for 14,000 sqr ft, how many bales of straw do I need? The
bales I'm familiar with are about 3 ft long and 20 inches high and wide.

Thanks

--
To reply by email, remove "x" from