GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   New Year (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/110221-new-year.html)

Chuckie 31-12-2005 04:54 PM

New Year

Happy New Year to all who happen to be celebrating this holiday.
Chuckie in the frozen north, zone 5

axeman 31-12-2005 06:10 PM

New Year

"Chuckie" wrote in message
oups.com...
Happy New Year to all who happen to be celebrating this holiday.
Chuckie in the frozen north, zone 5

Happy New Year Chuckie!

Jacqui

Jean 31-12-2005 09:29 PM

New Year

Chuckie wrote:
Happy New Year to all who happen to be celebrating this holiday.
Chuckie in the frozen north, zone 5

Happy New Year right back atcha!

Just a little after midnight, after the party is over, I'll be throwing
away dozens of beautiful poinsettia plants at work. Oh boy, it's not one
of my favorite jobs, but this year it's so warm that I might be able to
give some away on the drive home.

Jeananne in the endless pouring rain of zone 5

Cereus-validus-........... 31-12-2005 10:30 PM

New Year

Why are YOU doing that right after the New Year's celebration is over?

Are you some kind of obsessive-compulsive or something?

Jean 01-01-2006 12:54 PM

New Year

Cereus-validus-........... wrote:
Why are YOU doing that right after the New Year's celebration is over?

I throw the plants away because it's a part of my job. They are still
looking good, so instead of throwing them in the dumpster, I put them in
the back of my truck to give away. Please don't tell my boss, we're not
allowed to keep or take anything home. Well, I don't take any for
myself, so that's my justification. ; )

Are you some kind of obsessive-compulsive or something?

No!

Wait a minute, are you throwing away good plants too?

Lynn 01-01-2006 11:59 PM

New Year

Same to you Chuckie!

--