GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   diseased dwarf banana (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/110487-diseased-dwarf-banana.html)

SallyRat & Sweetie 11-01-2006 12:37 AM

diseased dwarf banana

Hi The

I have Googled this and haven't come up with anything useful. I'm told that
my dwarf banana plants are diseased but I haven't found any descriptions or
pictures resembling that which "plagues" my plants. They are growing great
and I didn't think there was a problem. There is not enough light for them
to ever fruit even when I put them outside in the summer so its not like
I'll be eating them. Basically, the stalk is mottled. Does anyone know of
a site that I can look it up on? Should I destroy them? It is not
spreading to anything else.

Many Thanks
Sally

Bigbazza 11-01-2006 09:42 AM

diseased dwarf banana

"SallyRat & Sweetie" wrote in message
. ..
Hi The

I have Googled this and haven't come up with anything useful. I'm told
that my dwarf banana plants are diseased but I haven't found any
descriptions or pictures resembling that which "plagues" my plants. They
are growing great and I didn't think there was a problem. There is not
enough light for them to ever fruit even when I put them outside in the
summer so its not like I'll be eating them. Basically, the stalk is
mottled. Does anyone know of a site that I can look it up on? Should I
destroy them? It is not spreading to anything else.

Many Thanks
Sally

Sally...Have a look at this sight !...I come from Oz
(Sydney..Australia )...I didn't even know that any Bananas could be grown in
a cold climate like yours !

http://www.bananatrees.info/
--
Bigbazza (Barry)..Oz

[email protected] 11-01-2006 08:41 PM

diseased dwarf banana

anybody know how the dwarf bananas do in tub culture? the reason I ask is I have had
very good luck with figs. http://weloveteaching.com/landscape/figs/figgrove.htm
I had RIPE bananas in california many years ago and they tasted completely different
than what I get in the store. I was hoping I could grow em in tubs and move them
into the heated garage for winter. Ingrid

"Bigbazza" wrote:
Sally...Have a look at this sight !...I come from Oz
(Sydney..Australia )...I didn't even know that any Bananas could be grown in
a cold climate like yours !

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at
http://weloveteaching.com/puregold/
www.drsolo.com
I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other
compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for
any of the recommendations I make.
AND I DID NOT AUTHORIZE ADS AT THE OLD PUREGOLD SITE

Bigbazza 13-01-2006 08:31 AM

diseased dwarf banana

"Bigbazza" wrote:
Sally...Have a look at this sight !...I come from Oz
(Sydney..Australia )...I didn't even know that any Bananas could be grown
in
a cold climate like yours !

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at
http://weloveteaching.com/puregold/
sign up:
http://groups.google.com/groups/dir?...s=Group+lookup
www.drsolo.com
I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other
compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for
any of the recommendations I make.
AND I DID NOT AUTHORIZE ADS AT THE OLD PUREGOLD SITE

Hi...Ingrid..Here are a couple of web sites that deal with Bananas in Tubs
...Hope they are of help to you !

http://www.mobot.org/gardeninghelp/h...ges/3513.shtml

http://www.retirementwithapurpose.com/containers.html
--