GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Mantis Eggs (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/110807-mantis-eggs.html)

[email protected] 22-01-2006 08:10 PM

Mantis Eggs

Anyone know how many Mantis are in an Egg Case?

This morning my wife called me to "identify" a bug she found in one of here
house plants. Turned out to be a very small baby Mantis. Closer inspection
found more, and eventually we found an egg base on a Sweet Potatoe vine she
had brought in for the winter. We spent the next hour or more catching
dozens of baby mantis and transplanting them to other house plants around
the house.

Tom J 22-01-2006 10:08 PM

Mantis Eggs

wrote in message
Anyone know how many Mantis are in an Egg Case?

HE HE!!! Had that happen to us once. There are most likely 300 to 500,
so enjoy. We had over 100 and moved the egg sack outside within
minutes of seeing the 1st one.

Tom J

Lauren 23-01-2006 02:37 AM

Mantis Eggs

wrote in message
Anyone know how many Mantis are in an Egg Case?

Closer inspection found more, and eventually we found an egg base on a
Sweet Potatoe vine

by any chance were you Vice-President in a former life?