Old 20-03-2003, 01:08 PM
Jan Flora

Default Artichokes?

So, it's mid, okay, late march. I haven't started my artichoke
seed yet. Is it too late? I'm in Zone 3, so they are grown as
annuals up here. My plant-out date is June 1.

I saw gorgeous globe artichokes in the grocery store today.
$2.50 each.

TIA,

Jan
USDA Zone 3, Alaska
Old 21-03-2003, 03:56 AM
Dwayne

Start them. I just today saw my first one coming up in the tray I planted
it in. It goes into the ground in May. If you start your now, they should
be ready when your weather is.

What part of Alaska. We lived near Fairbanks a little over 3 years. Loved
it. Dwayne & Norma

Old 22-03-2003, 10:56 PM
Jan Flora

I'm near Homer. Lived up in Fairbanks one winter and loved it.

Okay. I'll go start the 'chokes -- thanks : )

Jan