Old 30-01-2006, 01:39 PM posted to rec.gardens
Tizzi

Default Moss to Meadow?

My lawn is heavily infested with moss. I've used weed, feed &
mosskiller products for a couple of years on it, to no avail. It has
been suggested to me that I should turn it into a wild flower meadow as
I'm not succeeding in turning it into a bowling green. Will it work?

Old 30-01-2006, 06:52 PM posted to rec.gardens
Travis M.

"Tizzi" wrote in message
oups.com
My lawn is heavily infested with moss. I've used weed, feed &
mosskiller products for a couple of years on it, to no avail.
It has
been suggested to me that I should turn it into a wild flower
meadow as I'm not succeeding in turning it into a bowling
green.
Will it work?

Moss thrives in damp shady areas. Let more sun in and fix the
drainage.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5

Old 30-01-2006, 07:00 PM posted to rec.gardens
Cereus-validus-...........

Better yet, move far away from Seattle.

Easier said than done, eh Travis Bickle?

"Travis M." wrote in message
oups.com

Old 31-01-2006, 02:56 AM posted to rec.gardens
RobinM

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 18:52:49 GMT, "Travis M."
wrote:

"Tizzi" wrote in message
roups.com
My lawn is heavily infested with moss. I've used weed, feed &
mosskiller products for a couple of years on it, to no avail.
It has
been suggested to me that I should turn it into a wild flower
meadow as I'm not succeeding in turning it into a bowling
green.
Will it work?

Moss thrives in damp shady areas. Let more sun in and fix the
drainage.

Moss also requires an acid soil, so you probably need to do a soil
test and fix the pH levels in your soil first.

Robin - who has moss and trillium growing in my back yard, and I love
it!
Alexandria, VA
Old 07-02-2006, 03:23 PM posted to rec.gardens
frogfog

it'd be MUCH better for any environment to have "natives" growing in lieu of
grass which not only requires a lot of water to survive, but, more
importantly, grass and their roots are the winter grocerystore for
grasshopper, japanese beetle, rose chafer, and a whole lotta more nasties.

if your "lawn" is mossing, that usually means either you're receiving a lot
of rain or your groundwater table is very high.

you did not mention where your moss is located (what country? state?
location: mountains or valley?) but perhaps a perc test would be in your
best interest.....?
--
With Malus toward none, and Cherry-Trees toward all.

Moss to Meadow? Tizzi Gardening 0 30-01-2006 01:32 PM
meadow conservation tim United Kingdom 3 30-06-2003 11:20 PM
creating Wildflower meadow ?? Aler Texas 5 24-05-2003 04:32 PM
Tricky problem ?? wildflower meadow gray bale United Kingdom 0 10-05-2003 12:20 PM
Public Space - Meadow - Nature reserve - Help - Free seeds Richard G Seddon United Kingdom 3 30-03-2003 02:33 AM