GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   crabgrass control (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/111211-crabgrass-control.html)

Frank 02-02-2006 09:23 PM

crabgrass control

Warm January here in Northern DE has got me thinking about crabgrass
control.
Wonder if it has germinated this early and if so will subsequent
freezing days kill it?
Then, when is best time here to apply preemergent treatment. Comments
welcome.
Frank

Freckles 02-02-2006 10:04 PM

crabgrass control

"Frank" wrote in message
oups.com...
Warm January here in Northern DE has got me thinking about crabgrass
control.
Wonder if it has germinated this early and if so will subsequent
freezing days kill it?
Then, when is best time here to apply preemergent treatment. Comments
welcome.
Frank

Here in Northern Texas my lawn service treated my lawn with preemergent
several weeks ago.

I've not been bothered with crabgrass or any other weeds since I started
using that company three years ago.

Freckles

KCnRichmond 02-02-2006 10:31 PM

crabgrass control

Soil temp at 58 degrees, 3" deep, for 7 days straight will kick it in nicely
for you to cuss about.. Forsythia blooms when soil temp is the same at 2"
deep. soooo, when the forsythia blooms, apply pre-m.
But the question you ask is keeping me also on my knees in the lawn like the
dad on Honey I shrunk the kids looking in that vile weed.. Richmond Va
weather is very warm this year too...
Watching forsythia myself...

oups.com...