Old 05-02-2006, 05:58 PM posted to rec.gardens
Me

Default Looking for a Plant that Grows Quick

Hi there.

For a science experiment I am doing with a child, I am looking for a seed
that once planted will sprout and grow quickly such that height measurements
can be taken. The time frame that I am looking at is 7-9 days. Does
anybody know of a suitable seed that we can use? You help is much
appreciated.

Old 05-02-2006, 06:42 PM posted to rec.gardens
Treedweller

On Sun, 5 Feb 2006 12:58:12 -0500, "Me" wrote:

Hi there.

For a science experiment I am doing with a child, I am looking for a seed
that once planted will sprout and grow quickly such that height measurements
can be taken. The time frame that I am looking at is 7-9 days. Does
anybody know of a suitable seed that we can use? You help is much
appreciated.

I'm not sure of the time frame, but typically beans are used for such
experiments.

Old 05-02-2006, 06:46 PM posted to rec.gardens
Tom Randy

Old 05-02-2006, 08:39 PM posted to rec.gardens
simy1

beans and peas are good but chickpeas are better. sunflower and
lemon/orange/grapefruit are possibilities also, though it is wise to
scratch the hard coat beforehand (with sandpaper). Any seed large but
not so large that it will take a long time to sprout. If you can start
the seed ahead of time, mango will provide a show once it gets out of
the shell. In the summer, watermelon and melon seeds sprout by the
thousands in my compost pile, and they go fast. One could also buy
wheat at the health food store. That, too, goes fast.

Old 05-02-2006, 11:34 PM posted to rec.gardens
Travis M.

"Me" wrote in message

Hi there.

For a science experiment I am doing with a child, I am looking
for
a seed that once planted will sprout and grow quickly such that
height measurements can be taken. The time frame that I am
looking
at is 7-9 days. Does anybody know of a suitable seed that we
can
use? You help is much appreciated.

Radish.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5

Old 07-02-2006, 10:56 PM posted to rec.gardens
Cereus-validus-...........

Is that a fact?

Why don't you send him some of your plants, Stoner?