GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Evergreen Clematis (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/111326-evergreen-clematis.html)

clevermonkey 05-02-2006 09:09 PM

Evergreen Clematis

Do any of you know any types of evergreen clematis? Or any type of
evergreen vining climber? I need something to climb our fence in the
front, and look nice even in cold weather. I live in the Pacific
Northwest, Zone 8a. Thanks!!

Claire Petersky 05-02-2006 11:36 PM

Evergreen Clematis

"Wolf Kirchmeir" wrote in message
.. .
clevermonkey wrote:
Do any of you know any types of evergreen clematis? Or any type of
evergreen vining climber? I need something to climb our fence in the
front, and look nice even in cold weather. I live in the Pacific
Northwest, Zone 8a. Thanks!!

Research ivy.

And then say no to ivy.

Paghat has a nice page on evergreen clematis, and she's in our general
vicinity: http://www.paghat.com/evergreenclematis.html. The Seattle Times
had this article, too:
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/pac...826/plant.html.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
http://www.bicyclemeditations.org/
Sponsor me for the Big Climb! See: www.active.com/donate/cpetersky06
See the books I've set free at:

presley 06-02-2006 06:43 AM

Evergreen Clematis

clematis armandii is the most widely grown evergreen clematis. However, the
flowers are smaller than the big-flowered decidious clematis, and only come
in white and light pink, so don't get your hopes up for that kind of look.
They are fragrant however, so that's a bonus.
ups.com...