GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Identifying My Lawn (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/111346-identifying-my-lawn.html)

[email protected] 06-02-2006 07:19 PM

Identifying My Lawn

Hello,

I am having problems identifying exactly what is growing in my front
lawn. It kind of looks like grass when the blades shoot up but instead
it is a patchwork of shoots that connect. It looks like a weed when
you pull it out of the yard though. Someone had told me that this is
called "monkey grass", however my research has shown that it doesn't
much look like it.

I'd like to kill it all and put seed out this spring and could use your
help in identifying it.

http://www.webgazelle.com/images/IMG_9389.jpg

http://www.webgazelle.com/images/IMG_9388.jpg

Thank you.

Koi-Lo 06-02-2006 07:32 PM

Identifying My Lawn

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

I am having problems identifying exactly what is growing in my front
lawn. It kind of looks like grass when the blades shoot up but instead
it is a patchwork of shoots that connect.
http://www.webgazelle.com/images/IMG_9389.jpg
http://www.webgazelle.com/images/IMG_9388.jpg

It looks a lot like crabgrass. Read this on how to control it.
http://www.agry.purdue.edu/turf/pubs/ay10.htm

Good luck.

RobinM 06-02-2006 08:36 PM

Identifying My Lawn

Looks like wire grass (bermudagrass) to me. Check out
http://www.ppws.vt.edu/scott/weed_id/cynda.htm

Nasty, vicious stuff!!

HTH
Robin
Alexandria, VA
zone 7

Bill 07-02-2006 01:24 AM

Identifying My Lawn

In article .com,
says...
Hello,

I am having problems identifying exactly what is growing in my front
lawn. It kind of looks like grass when the blades shoot up but instead
it is a patchwork of shoots that connect. It looks like a weed when
you pull it out of the yard though. Someone had told me that this is
called "monkey grass", however my research has shown that it doesn't
much look like it.

I'd like to kill it all and put seed out this spring and could use your
help in identifying it.

http://www.webgazelle.com/images/IMG_9389.jpg

http://www.webgazelle.com/images/IMG_9388.jpg

Thank you.