GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   squirrels (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/11189-re-squirrels.html)

Snooze 22-03-2003 12:20 AM

squirrels

those pepper mixes don't do anything, i think they just thank you for adding
a bit of flavor to their meals.

Run a wire between two poles or trees. Then have a hang the bird feeder off
that wire. Make sure that the hanging wire is about a foot or more, so that
they can't do a spiderman attack onto it.

Good luck

Sameer

"gary" wrote in message
I read some where that you can discourage squirrels in bird feeders using
cayenne pepper. How do you mix it. Is effective?

Thanks in advance

Gary

[email protected] 23-03-2003 10:32 AM

squirrels

"gary" wrote in message
I read some where that you can discourage squirrels in bird feeders using
cayenne pepper. How do you mix it. Is effective?

Thanks in advance

Gary

Gary - You don't mix the pepper. Spray the branch with some sort of kitchen oil
them sprinkle the pepper. I have had great luck, it does work.

My neighbor places an aluminum pie tin over his bird feeder and that also works.

Frankly I like the .22 cal. it works best, once you use it they never return.