Old 10-02-2006, 01:32 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default garden club

I am interested in starting a garden club in the San Diego area. I
have a great way to get the word out but have no previous experience
with garden clubs. How can we wean our way into being a club as we set
out to be educated and have a fun time getting together?

Old 10-02-2006, 05:34 AM posted to rec.gardens
Travis M.

wrote in message
oups.com
I am interested in starting a garden club in the San Diego
area. I
have a great way to get the word out but have no previous
experience
with garden clubs. How can we wean our way into being a club
as we
set out to be educated and have a fun time getting together?

Look here.
http://www.digitalseed.com/sandiego/...lubs_list.html

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5

Old 10-02-2006, 05:21 PM posted to rec.gardens
Doug Kanter

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am interested in starting a garden club in the San Diego area. I
have a great way to get the word out but have no previous experience
with garden clubs. How can we wean our way into being a club as we set
out to be educated and have a fun time getting together?

Define the purpose of the club, and what activities will help you achieve
the purpose. Do this before anything else, or the thing will fizzle quickly.

Old 10-02-2006, 10:02 PM posted to rec.gardens
raycruzer

Doug Kanter wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
I am interested in starting a garden club in the San Diego area. I
have a great way to get the word out but have no previous experience
with garden clubs. How can we wean our way into being a club as we set
out to be educated and have a fun time getting together?

Define the purpose of the club, and what activities will help you achieve
the purpose. Do this before anything else, or the thing will fizzle quickly.

There are some other clubs in your general area that you may wish to
contact. You can find them listed at www.ergonica.com on the Garden
Clubs page. They are listed by state and city in alpha order, so you
can find them quickly. If you haven't participated in a garden club
before, you should get involved with a club to see what you like and
don't like.

Have fun!

Old 11-02-2006, 05:56 AM posted to rec.gardens
mleblanca

raycruzer wrote:

There are some other clubs in your general area that you may wish to
contact. You can find them listed at www.ergonica.com on the Garden
Clubs page. They are listed by state and city in alpha order, so you
can find them quickly. If you haven't participated in a garden club
before, you should get involved with a club to see what you like and
don't like.

Have fun!

That looks like an interesting site. I will
have to check it out more thoroughly when I have more time.
I just wanted to see if my garden club was listed, and there it
was. I'll share it at the next meeting with the other members.
Thanks

Emilie
NorCal

Old 11-02-2006, 07:22 PM posted to rec.gardens
raycruzer

Emilie wrote:
That looks like an interesting site. I will
have to check it out more thoroughly it
was. I'll share it at the next meeting with the other members.
Thanks

Anyone starting a new garden club can also ask the people at
www.ergonica.com to list their new club for free. This will help to
recruit new members. They also give non-profit organizations devoted
to gardening a free web page and sub-domain. Many garden clubs also
offer scholarships to students, in addition to helping maintain public
gardens, historic sites and parks.