GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Dallas, TX - which zone (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/11391-dallas-tx-zone.html)

Snowfeet1 23-03-2003 08:08 PM

Dallas, TX - which zone

Dumb question, but I've seen different zones listed for Dallas in different
places. I thought zone 7 but may be wrong. Thanks.

jammer 23-03-2003 10:20 PM

Dallas, TX - which zone

7a

On 23 Mar 2003 20:05:57 GMT, (Snowfeet1) wrote:

Dumb question, but I've seen different zones listed for Dallas in different
places. I thought zone 7 but may be wrong. Thanks.

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
jammer
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸

Susan Ford 24-03-2003 04:08 PM

Dallas, TX - which zone

North Part of Dallas is zone 7b, southern parts can be 8a. Check with your
County Extension Agent to get the exact zone you are in.

Susan

jammer 24-03-2003 06:56 PM

Dallas, TX - which zone

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 16:07:36 GMT, "Susan Ford"
wrote:

North Part of Dallas is zone 7b, southern parts can be 8a. Check with your
County Extension Agent to get the exact zone you are in.

Susan

The Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex in Texas is divided. Dallas is in Zone
8a, while Fort Worth is in Zone 7b. In this case, Zone 8a has an
average warmer temperature than Zone 7b.

Well I'll be dipped!!!!!!

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
jammer

animaux 24-03-2003 09:20 PM

Dallas, TX - which zone

Having lived there for 7 years, north Texas is USDA Zone 7b, not 8a. It gets and
stays into the single digits for over 10 hours at a time. Major killing freeze. If
it's not a plant hardy to one zone colder, I wouldn't recommend spending a lot of
money on it.