Old 23-03-2003, 10:20 PM
Mceezee

Default Planted beans today

I planted a small row of Italian flat beans today just to see if they would
start to sprout. I am in Zone 6 and it is supposed to be in the 60s most of
this week.

I put them in a sunny spot and will look in a week or two to see if there is
anything coming up. Last year, I think I put beans in the first week in April
and they did ok.
Old 24-03-2003, 12:32 AM
JWB

"Mceezee" wrote in message

I planted a small row of Italian flat beans today just to see if they

would
start to sprout. I am in Zone 6 and it is supposed to be in the 60s most

of
this week.

I put them in a sunny spot and will look in a week or two to see if there

is
anything coming up. Last year, I think I put beans in the first week in

April
and they did ok.

I'm in zone 5, and I planted shrubs (burning bush). Here's hoping I didn't
jump the gun.

JWB

Old 27-03-2003, 06:08 PM
Renata

Problem is, it's supposed to be in the 40s Sunday. I as tempted the
other day when it was near 80 around here, but realized we still had
some cool weather to get thru, at least nites. Then the forecast for
sunday pops up and I'm glad I waited.

Beans are normally planted on the last frost date I think. They don't
like it cold. But, as long as frost don't get 'em, they might be ok.
Around here I call April 15 last frost date, though some say April 20
or even later. (MD 'burbs of DC).

Renata

Old 27-03-2003, 07:56 PM
Dwight Sipler

Renata wrote:

...I call April 15 last frost date, though some say April 20
or even later. (MD 'burbs of DC)...

Bean seeds are cheap. If it works you'll have beans early. If not,
planting is easy -- try again.
Old 27-03-2003, 11:08 PM
Mceezee

I figured I would "experiment" and only plant one small row (in case we did
have frost). So far the weather has been very warm since Sun.

I will let everyone know if they make it. I plan to put another couple of rows
in the first or second week of April.

[IMG] code is On

Planted today Srgnt Billko Lawns 6 29-03-2008 06:53 AM
Need Advice on Lilies I planted today I Love Lucy Gardening 0 09-06-2006 08:57 PM
What are green beans is you let them turn into beans? Jacqueline Edible Gardening 1 04-08-2004 03:51 PM
Optimum light period for planted and non-planted tanks..? Phil Williamson Freshwater Aquaria Plants 4 02-06-2004 10:12 PM
Runner Beans, lots of flowers but no beans X United Kingdom 6 19-06-2003 10:32 AM