Old 24-03-2003, 06:32 PM
Ed Greenwood

Default Rubber mulch (example: Rubberific)

Hello,

We have a small garden area behind our house, and we are trying to
determine what to put down on the ground. (Right now it's dirt, with
a little bit of the cedar mulch that the previous owner put down.)

We are thinking about using a rubber mulch, such as Rubberific.
It's more expensive than 'regular' mulch, but we hope the longevity
will make up for the cost.

I'm looking for anyone who has experience with this (or a similar)
product. While there are rubber mulches that are more like 'nuggets'
(1/2" - 1" in diameter), I'm interested in the stuff that looks like
shredded mulch.

I would appreciate any information, but in particular, I am curious
about 2 things: 1) How does the color stand up? (How long before it
starts to fade? Does the mulch start turning black?) 2) How wind &
water resistant is it? (Part of the area where we would be putting it
is sloped, and we're afraid that it might float away. They advertise
that it shouldn't do this, but I would like to hear a more unbiased
opinion.)

Thanks for the help.