Old 26-03-2003, 06:56 PM
Bob Muir

Default What to do about space between prop line & road?

I just measured my property and I have about 12-16 ft of grass between my
property line (where I'm installing a hedge) and the shoulder of the road.
It doesn't look like they're going to install sidewalks any time in the near
future, but I'm too afraid of losing them to plant my hedge out there. 10
years from now the city could rip them all up for a sidewalk or something.

But what do I do with all that space? The space receives plenty of sunlight
(south & east sides of the property) and the shoulder is about 12ft so
people usually walk on that. The length is about 130ft on the south side
and 116ft on the east side.

Are there inexpensive flowering vines or some other kind of ground cover I
could replace the grass with? Or should I just leave the grass and continue
mowing it?

BTW, the hedge is going to be a Wintergreen Barberry.

Thanks,
Bob

[IMG] code is On

What to do with a big, leaning Agave? Prop it up? Richard Sherratt Australia 4 12-11-2011 05:47 AM
Get Your Space on Pishnut Space For Free and Send Free Ecards Ariella Lyn Gardening 0 07-09-2007 09:18 PM
POE 2007 - Cymbidium (Fifi 'Harry' x Jean Angus) 'Heathrich Hills' - Nice pendant cym against display prop Eric Hunt[_1_] Orchid Photos 0 28-02-2007 05:08 AM
plant prop-er-up-ers *muffin* Ponds 7 02-06-2003 04:44 PM
Ideas for space between garage and fence? Someone Gardening 4 29-04-2003 07:44 PM