Old 26-03-2003, 07:08 PM
Doctoroe

Default Is it herb or weed?

Is this an herb or a weed? It popped up in the herb garden. I can't
remember planting it. It has no obvious herb smell. But it sure
looks like some kind of herb. Southeastern US Zone 7. Identify
anyone?
Thanks
http://www.farmphoto.com/homestead/m....asp?mid=37908
Old 27-03-2003, 04:08 AM
Cereoid+10+

It looks like Ranunculus bulbosus, a "Buttercup". You decide.

http://www.uib.es/depart/dba/botanic...ulus/bulbosus/

om...

Old 28-03-2003, 01:56 AM
Jane

It could be Italian flat leaf parsley if you let last year's go to seed, or
if it's really large, say 4-6 feet tall in a month or two it could be
lovage...tastes like celery. On the other hand, it may be a weed.
Sorry, I can't be more certain.
Jane

om...

Old 29-03-2003, 12:08 PM
Frogleg

"Doctoroe" wrote
Is this an herb or a weed? It popped up in the herb garden. I can't
remember planting it. It has no obvious herb smell. But it sure
looks like some kind of herb. Southeastern US Zone 7. Identify
anyone?
Thanks
http://www.farmphoto.com/homestead/m....asp?mid=37908

I think Ceriod was spot-on with Buttercup. You give no indication as
to size -- the buttercups that come up in my lawn are quite
low-growing, but then, they're in the middle of thick grass and
regularly mowed down.

[IMG] code is On

herb/weed id please? Cat(h)[_2_] United Kingdom 20 17-07-2007 04:40 PM
Herb Sale At Gardens of the Ancients Herb Emporium and Nursery mrchaos007 Texas 21 11-04-2005 08:07 PM
Duck Weed!! Duck Weed!! Duck Weed!! Troy Church Ponds 7 05-04-2005 09:22 PM
herb or weed? Doctoroe North Carolina 22 01-05-2003 05:47 PM
herb or weed? Doctoroe North Carolina 20 19-04-2003 03:08 PM