GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Water feature (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/12010-water-feature.html)

gary linley 28-03-2003 01:44 PM

Water feature

Hello
what is the best additive to prevent algae and generally keep the water in a
good condition for my pebble water feature.
Regards

Gary

DGiunti 29-03-2003 12:20 AM

Water feature

In article , "gary linley"
writes:

what is the best additive to prevent algae and generally keep the water in a
good condition for my pebble water feature.

Do you have anything else living in the "feature"? Your best tack if you
don't have anything else in there is to just start marking the calendar for
dates to get in and clean the thing out. There are additives, none of them
does visiting birds any good.

Never forget, the purpose of ponds is to make meadows.

David Giunti email: unity
What is the question? Gertrude Stein's last words
No one mouth is big enough to utter the whole thing. Alan Watts

On Display in the UK
http://www.web-gallery.co.uk

jammer 29-03-2003 12:56 AM

Water feature

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003 13:32:51 -0000, "gary linley"
wrote:

Hello
what is the best additive to prevent algae and generally keep the water in a
good condition for my pebble water feature.
Regards

Gary

Lots and lots of plants and few fish.

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
jammer
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸

Valkyrie 29-03-2003 02:08 AM

Water feature

wrote:

Hello
what is the best additive to prevent algae and generally keep the water

in a
good condition for my pebble water feature.
Regards

Gary

Lots and lots of plants and few fish.

...........or a teenager going through one of those "stages". Mine was not
granted the luxury of sitting in their room when grounded. My little patio
pond, the porch fountain and the bird baths were slicker than a whistle for
quite a few years. Then the lessons finally sunk in and they became
productive responsible adults and had to get "lots and lots of plants and a
few fish" ~smerk~

Val

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
jammer
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸

jammer 29-03-2003 02:32 AM

Water feature

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003 18:01:06 -0800, "Valkyrie"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Hello
what is the best additive to prevent algae and generally keep the water

in a
good condition for my pebble water feature.
Regards

Gary

Lots and lots of plants and few fish.

..........or a teenager going through one of those "stages". Mine was not
granted the luxury of sitting in their room when grounded. My little patio
pond, the porch fountain and the bird baths were slicker than a whistle for
quite a few years. Then the lessons finally sunk in and they became
productive responsible adults and had to get "lots and lots of plants and a
few fish" ~smerk~

Val

How funny....

jammer