GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   OFF: I don't see why children should have to go to school if they don't want to! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/12112-re-off-i-dont-see-why-children-should-have-go-school-if-they-dont-want.html)

Polar 28-03-2003 11:20 PM

OFF: I don't see why children should have to go to school if they don't want to!

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003 15:56:23 -0600, zxcvbob
wrote:

Right now, we need to sleep with our eyes open, lest Roe v Wade be
overturned. Back to the coat hanger!!! Congress just passed a ban on
late term abortions, no matter what the danger to the mother; no
matter if the poor deformed fetus has no chance of survival.
The radical religious Right waited 12 years to bring this up again;
this time they have a bunch of sympathetic theocrats in their corner.

There never was a coathanger; it's just a fictional but powerful visual
image. Kind of like Chuckie, or The Bogeyman.

Sorry to speak so strongly, Bob, but I don't think you're qualified to
pontificate on the dreadful expedients women had to resort to, in the
absence of safe, legal means of terminating an unwanted pregnancy.

--
Polar