GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Oversized house plants, why?? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/12167-oversized-house-plants-why.html)

Graslokar 29-03-2003 09:44 AM

Oversized house plants, why??

Hi!

I am curious about the strange behaviour of most of my house plants.
All the new branches and leaves become oversized. Actually, I like it
but I would like to know what is the reason for this behaviour. Most
of the plants have been placed near a window. I give them water only
once per week, normally the earth is completely dry before the next
portion of water. I have never given nutriment to the plants.

You can find some photos of my oversized plants he
www.ifm.liu.se/~freka/plants/
(plant3 is not fully developed yet)

I would be very grateful if you can share your ideas in this issue.

/Graslokar

samuel l crowe 29-03-2003 12:08 PM

Oversized house plants, why??

thats strange!!
I have no idea why its happening but would also like to know.
Good luck

--
Sam
Along the Grand Strand of Myrtle Beach SC
om...

Cereoid+10+ 29-03-2003 03:08 PM

Oversized house plants, why??

You're only bragging.

Guess what? Mine is bigger than yours!!!

Do you have an obsession with Cycads and Cycad look-alikes (Zamioculcas)?

They appear to be responding to lower light conditions and more water.

paghat 30-03-2003 02:32 AM

Oversized house plants, why??

In article ,
(Graslokar) wrote:

Hi!

I am curious about the strange behaviour of most of my house plants.
All the new branches and leaves become oversized. Actually, I like it
but I would like to know what is the reason for this behaviour. Most
of the plants have been placed near a window. I give them water only
once per week, normally the earth is completely dry before the next
portion of water. I have never given nutriment to the plants.

You can find some photos of my oversized plants he
www.ifm.liu.se/~freka/plants/
(plant3 is not fully developed yet)

I would be very grateful if you can share your ideas in this issue.

/Graslokar

Chances are they're just trying to get their fair share of sunlight.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"

jammer 30-03-2003 02:32 AM

Oversized house plants, why??

I have no idea but keep feeding them wahatever you are feeding them!

On 29 Mar 2003 01:26:28 -0800, (Graslokar)
wrote:

Hi!

I am curious about the strange behaviour of most of my house plants.
All the new branches and leaves become oversized. Actually, I like it
but I would like to know what is the reason for this behaviour. Most
of the plants have been placed near a window. I give them water only
once per week, normally the earth is completely dry before the next
portion of water. I have never given nutriment to the plants.

You can find some photos of my oversized plants he
www.ifm.liu.se/~freka/plants/
(plant3 is not fully developed yet)

I would be very grateful if you can share your ideas in this issue.

/Graslokar

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
jammer

Elizabeth 30-03-2003 05:20 PM

Oversized house plants, why??

Best guess is last year's growth occurred outside in high light conditions.
The more shaded conditions of inside near a window could cause the foliage
to be bigger. Example would be Philodendron selloum grown in shade vs. sun.

elizabeth, Baton Rouge, LA