GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Munstead Lavender seeds (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/12223-munstead-lavender-seeds.html)

LeAnn 30-03-2003 03:32 AM

Munstead Lavender seeds

I am a novice gardener, actually I've never planted a thing in my life
LOL. I would like to start though so I bought some Munstead Lavender
seeds that I want to start indoors. Does anyone have any suggestions
on how to plant them? Can I use regular potting soil? How much
should I water them? How far apart should I plant them? Can I
transplant them to outdoors later on? I live in the panhandle of
Oklahoma and I have no idea what type of soil we have. Sorry if this
isn't enough information but like I said I'm really new at this. Any
advice would be appreciated!

LeAnn

animaux 30-03-2003 03:32 AM

Munstead Lavender seeds

Unfortunately, you didn't choose the easiest of seeds to get growing. Here are
some instructions, but it is not easy. Better to buy plants of lavender unless
you have all the right conditions, and/or a greenhouse.

He

http://www.humeseeds.com/lavndr.htm

Ellenb9 30-03-2003 05:56 PM

Munstead Lavender seeds

I have started Lavender Lady from seed(a hybrid) and had very good luck using
regular potting soil. When you replant them make sure it is where you want
them to remain because it has been my experience that once they reach maturity
they do not transplant very easily. The best advice I can give you is to go to
the local library and get some books on gardening for your area.