Old 18-02-2006, 05:44 AM posted to rec.gardens
Cereus-validus-...........

Default Need opinions about tomato plants

Some poor imitation of a "good guy doll" you are, Chuckie.

The best you can do is stay frozen.

"Chuckie" wrote in message
ups.com...
You know CV if you don't have something nice to say than don't say it
at ALL.
Chuckie in the Frozen North, Zone 5

Old 18-02-2006, 07:19 PM posted to rec.gardens
Cereus-validus-...........

You are still an insignificant Canucklehead, Chuckle Cheesewhiz, and your
inane opinion has no meaning.

"Chuckie" wrote in message
ups.com...
I will say it again.
If you don't have any thing nice to say don't say it at ALL.
Chuckie in the Frozen North, Zone 5
The flame of summer burne within me

Old 19-02-2006, 02:53 AM posted to rec.gardens
whitewater262

The flames and off-topic posts are quickly ruining this thread, so
I'll try again.

I live in southern Wisconsin, and I'm planning my garden for summer.
Each year, I grow tomatoes, which are frequently in demand at the local
food pantry. A few summers ago, I gave them more than 850 tomatoes.
Because my space is limited, I always plant a number of tomatoes in
containers.

NOTE: Cherry tomatoes are not much in demand, and most of the people
I've encountered here prefer red tomatoes of some considerable size
- large enough to be used for sandwiches and so on.

Before I came to this group, I did research online, but I never found
the answers I was seeking. I've already visited several garden web
sites, none of which offered customer feedback about the container
varieties I'm planning to grow. If anyone has enjoyed personal
experience with these, I'd love to hear about them. I've found
that such feedback has tremendous value.

Burpee Bushsteak
Bush Goliath
Bush Celebrity
Bush Champion
Super Bush

I have enough yard space to plant some tomatoes in the ground -
probably no more than 10 plants. First Prize, Jumbo Hybrid, Jet Star,
New Yorker, and Oregon Spring are the ones I'm leaning towards, but
I'd welcome opinions from the group about this as well.

P.S. Thanks to those of you who already offered such polite,
supportive replies.

Old 19-02-2006, 03:47 AM posted to rec.gardens
Chuckie

Yes and I am sorry for involving myself off topic posts. If Cv wants to
continue this talk he needs to e-mail me which he more than welcome to.

Yes my E-mail is valid
Chuckie in the Frozen North, Zone 5

Old 19-02-2006, 04:53 AM posted to rec.gardens
Cereus-validus-...........

Why would I want to talk to you, Chuckles?
You don't know anything.

ups.com...

Old 19-02-2006, 05:01 AM posted to rec.gardens
Cereus-validus-...........

Nobody here gives a flying farkle, whiteweiner.

You know where you can stick your tomatoes.

Why don't you go and annoy the dummies on GardenWeb instead?

It figures you are out in the boonies of Wisconsin, city folks would kick
your arrogant cracker butt.

oups.com...

Old 19-02-2006, 03:51 PM posted to rec.gardens
whitewater262

This is a garden group. It is entirely appropriate to ask questions
pertaining to gardening. Your posts are the ones that don't belong
here.

Old 19-02-2006, 08:43 PM posted to rec.gardens
Cereus-validus-...........

Who died and made you god, Whiteboy?

You are just another troll interloper and you have no authority over people
who have been here much longer than your sorry pathetic association.

You definitely would be much happier with your fellow butt buddies on
GardenWeb.

Be off with you before you stink up the place any more.

Old 20-02-2006, 04:44 AM
Registered User

Smile

Chuckie You know CV if you don't have something nice to say than don't say it
at ALL.
Chuckie in the Frozen North, Zone 5

can we please stop the name calling and everything else that is being said that isnt nice and just answer whitewaters question i mean after all isnt that what this group is all about not the fighting, arguing, name calling etc. but gardeners sharing their knowledge with each other.

we have grown early girl and better boy as well as bonnie best and beef steak tomoatoes and have found them to be nice for eating, cooking, canning or in salads.
hope this helps u some. tc and good luck with your tomatoes.
sockiescat.
Old 20-02-2006, 01:01 PM posted to rec.gardens
Cereus-validus-...........

Can't we all just get along?

No way.

The problem with Chuckwalla is that he really has nothing at all to add to
the conversation.

He doesn't even know which variety of tomato is the best for throwing.

Personally, I prefer the beefsteak type. They are big and meaty and will
definitely leave a mark!!!

--
sockiescat

Old 20-02-2006, 05:32 PM posted to rec.gardens
Chuckie

Dear Cereus-validus-...........
Please excuse my involment in this matter. You are right I have never
most of these tomato types.
I have more experience with other kinds of tomatos. I do thank you for
informing me of my errors.
I commend you on your great knowledge of horticulture and I can only
hope that on day I will posess a tiny bit of the knowledge you have.
We in the garden community could use more people like yourself to clear
up the myths that are often beleived to be true.
Thank you
Chuckie in the Thawing North, Zone 5

Old 20-02-2006, 09:33 PM posted to rec.gardens
Cereus-validus-...........

Its obvious you have nothing better to do up there in Canuckleheadland while
you are snowed in for the winter than to get on the internet with your only
friend the puter and be completely obnoxious.

Its a shame you can't even do anything useful like go out to your local pub
and chug gallons of moosehead until you pass out or puke (or both).

What kind of gardening can you dudes up in the arctic north anyway? The
unfrozen season isn't long enough to grow most crops. You only get to thaw
out long enough to know you've gotten frostbite.

ups.com...

Old 21-02-2006, 03:01 AM posted to rec.gardens
Chuckie

http://groups.google.com/group/Discu...g?lnk=li&hl=en