Old 21-02-2006, 09:40 AM posted to rec.gardens
Lady Blacksword

Default Need opinions about tomato plants

I prefer frozen.
Murri

"Cereus-validus-..........." wrote in message
Can't we all just get along?

No way.

The problem with Chuckwalla is that he really has nothing at all to add to
the conversation.

He doesn't even know which variety of tomato is the best for throwing.

Personally, I prefer the beefsteak type. They are big and meaty and will
definitely leave a mark!!!

"sockiescat" wrote in message

Chuckie You know CV if you don't have something nice to say than don't
say it
at ALL.
Chuckie in the Frozen North, Zone 5

can we please stop the name calling and everything else that is being
said that isnt nice and just answer whitewaters question i mean after
all isnt that what this group is all about not the fighting, arguing,
name calling etc. but gardeners sharing their knowledge with each
other.

we have grown early girl and better boy as well as bonnie best and beef
steak tomoatoes and have found them to be nice for eating, cooking,
canning or in salads.
hope this helps u some. tc and good luck with your tomatoes.

sockiescat.

--
sockiescat

Old 21-02-2006, 10:18 AM posted to rec.gardens
Cereus-validus-...........

Yer trippin', Dude.

Why would someone need vocal cords to type on a puter keyboard?

Those voices you hear must all be in your head.

"Lady Blacksword" wrote in message
Not likely Chuckie. Not without someone removing his vocal cords.
Murri

ups.com...

Old 22-02-2006, 09:58 PM posted to rec.gardens
higgledy

How does one get the Internet without a "puter"?

Old 22-02-2006, 10:12 PM posted to rec.gardens
Cereus-validus-...........

Default How does one get the Internet without a "puter"?

Don't get me started about those losers who use that "WebTV" nonsense. There
may still be a few die harders out there trying to surf the net with a play
station trying to pass as a puter!!!

"higgledy" wrote in message
oups.com...
How does one get the Internet without a "puter"?

Old 22-02-2006, 10:50 PM posted to rec.gardens
Chuckie

Please do not feed the Trolls

Old 23-02-2006, 03:43 AM posted to rec.gardens
Cereus-validus-...........

If we do that you will starve to nothingness, Chuckles.

Just how do you manage to type with your hairy troll feet anyway?

"Chuckie" wrote in message
oups.com...
Please do not feed the Trolls

Old 23-02-2006, 03:52 AM posted to rec.gardens
Cereus-validus-...........

Somebody actually has the guile to defend WebTV!!!

Its yet another sign of the impending apocalypse!!!

As if giving away the control of our major ports to terrorists and the VP
shooting one of his lobbyist supporters in the face isn't bizarre enough.
What nutty things will the Dubya administration do next month?

"higgledy" wrote in message
oups.com...
Sorry Cactus-Head, WebTV and Playstation are both Intel-based "puters"
Try again.

Old 23-02-2006, 03:35 PM posted to rec.gardens
lurker

I am a lurker here I don't usally come out and say anything but this
continual degrading of people is dumb.
THIS IS A GARDENING GROUP!!!!!!
It does not matter what chuckie uses to access the internet. He
probibly uses a computer to access the internet and he sounds like a
very knowledgeable gardener.
Leave him alone and go on wtih your life.

Old 23-02-2006, 05:40 PM posted to rec.gardens
Cereus-validus-...........

Coming from a lurker like you who never participates in any discussion, that
advice is really good for nothing.

Keep up doing what you do best and don't get back to us. You would be much
happier hanging out at a beer garden.

We don't want to know how you can type with your elbows.

oups.com...

Old 25-02-2006, 06:57 PM posted to rec.gardens
whitewater262

Thanks to those who posted opinions about various types of tomato
plants. I found some good information about the First Prize and
Heartland varieties, and I'm giving those a try, along with four or
five others (including some that were suggested here). Hopefully this
will be a productive year -- my backyard prouced more than 1,000
tomatoes a few years ago, and I'd love to match or come close to that
this year.

If any of you have the space to grow more than you need, please don't
hesitate to give your surplus to your local food pantry. It's a great
project, and there are plenty of people in need.

Thanks again to those who offered kind replies and suggestions.

Old 25-02-2006, 11:41 PM
Registered User

Smile

whitewater262 Thanks to those who posted opinions about various types of tomato
plants. I found some good information about the First Prize and
Heartland varieties, and I'm giving those a try, along with four or
five others (including some that were suggested here). Hopefully this
will be a productive year -- my backyard prouced more than 1,000
tomatoes a few years ago, and I'd love to match or come close to that
this year.

If any of you have the space to grow more than you need, please don't
hesitate to give your surplus to your local food pantry. It's a great
project, and there are plenty of people in need.

Thanks again to those who offered kind replies and suggestions.

u are so right about donating your surplus my hubby and i have donated to the grain bank as well as to food banks, and a lot of other things over the years. we both grew up poor and sure arent rich but its really nice to be able to share with others.
good luck with your tomatoes whitewater i hope u have a very bountiful harvest. cyaaaa, sockiescat.
Old 24-03-2006, 07:33 AM posted to rec.gardens
whitewater262

My previous post didn't show up at the board, but I wanted to thank
everyone who helped with my final selections. A few of you emailed me
privately to recommend some additional tomato varieties, and I was
able to order them.

Thanks for continuing to offer sugggestions despite the fact that this
thread was repeatedly flamed. I appreciated it.