Old 15-02-2006, 06:09 AM posted to rec.gardens
M.E.

Default startup club

I am starting a garden club in North County (San Diego area) and would
like some ideas to help get me started. Aside from visiting some local
clubs, do you have any suggestions for field trips/lectures/related
activities some "girlfriends" can do to share their common interest and
get some education and have some fun? (The club is affiliated with a
group called "girlfriends" so it's a venue for women to socialize as
well).

Thanks!

Old 15-02-2006, 06:43 AM posted to rec.gardens
Charles

On 14 Feb 2006 22:09:06 -0800, "M.E."
wrote:

I am starting a garden club in North County (San Diego area) and would
like some ideas to help get me started. Aside from visiting some local
clubs, do you have any suggestions for field trips/lectures/related
activities some "girlfriends" can do to share their common interest and
get some education and have some fun? (The club is affiliated with a
group called "girlfriends" so it's a venue for women to socialize as
well).

Thanks!

Lots of nurseries in your area. Quail Botanical Garden is nice.

Check at a library for a copy of "Pacific Horticulture." They have
lists of activities taking place. That might be a good start until
you find out what the group's interests is.
Old 15-02-2006, 05:06 PM posted to rec.gardens
Doug Kanter

"M.E." wrote in message
oups.com...
I am starting a garden club in North County (San Diego area) and would
like some ideas to help get me started. Aside from visiting some local
clubs, do you have any suggestions for field trips/lectures/related
activities some "girlfriends" can do to share their common interest and
get some education and have some fun? (The club is affiliated with a
group called "girlfriends" so it's a venue for women to socialize as
well).

Thanks!

Being a gardener, I cannot imagine even having time for a club during the
garden season. Your mileage may vary.

Old 15-02-2006, 09:03 PM posted to rec.gardens
Charles

On 14 Feb 2006 22:09:06 -0800, "M.E."
wrote:

I am starting a garden club in North County (San Diego area) and would
like some ideas to help get me started. Aside from visiting some local
clubs, do you have any suggestions for field trips/lectures/related
activities some "girlfriends" can do to share their common interest and
get some education and have some fun? (The club is affiliated with a
group called "girlfriends" so it's a venue for women to socialize as
well).

Thanks!

Check out this site:

http://www.californiagardenclubs.org/