Old 16-02-2006, 08:52 PM posted to rec.gardens
whitewater262

Default Seeking opinions about tomato plants

I'm planning my garden for the summer, and I could use feedback about a
few types of tomato plants. I'd like to know how productive each of
these can be -- roughly how many tomatoes each plant can produce, and
I'd also welcome any feedback about the flavor of these varieties.

Burpee Bushsteak

Bush Goliath

Bush Celebrity

Bush Champion

Super Bush

I'd really appreciate any feedback from people who have grown these.
My space is limited, and I always try to give to my local food pantry,
so growing productive, tasty varieties is my goal -- and most people
here prefer sandwich and/or slicer types rather than cherry varieties.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Old 16-02-2006, 09:59 PM posted to rec.gardens
Chuckie

In my experience the Bushy Tomato plants are very hard to tend.
I suggest looking at plants that are not near as bushy but will still
give you a great yield.
Such as Early Girl or Better Boy or Big Boy
Chuckie in the Frozen North, Zone 5

Old 16-02-2006, 11:34 PM posted to rec.gardens
whitewater262

Thanks much! I'll look into those.