Old 30-03-2003, 11:20 PM
Purchgdss

Default Double Rose of Sharon (peach or apricot)

Last year, I bought the most BEAUTIFUL specimen from Park Seed. Sadly, as it
was growing, my son decided it was mower food. Needless to say, he couldn't
sit for a couple days and had to pay me back the cost ($20 US). Now, this year
I can't find it to replace it! ACK! Park won't be listing them again and
doesn't have another source.........

HELP!

(I know........ pitiful..... take, take take, but I will contribute when I have
a clue what I'm talking about)

Just my 2 cents.........
Christine
Old 30-03-2003, 11:32 PM
SugarChile

I don't know of a mail order source, but check your local nurseries,
especially the non-big-box ones. They usually have a good selection of RoS,
especially starting mid-summer when they start to bloom. You will get a
bigger specimen for the money if you buy locally rather than mail order.
I've got a double pink variety called "Lucy" that is quite lovely and easy
as pie to grow.

I hope you're kidding about the sitting down!

Cheers,
Sue

Zone 6, Southcentral PA

Old 31-03-2003, 12:08 AM
Derryl Killan

Your Double Rose of Sharon could be Prunus triloba multiplex. Also known
as double flowering plum.

Derryl