GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   RFI: Seed Starting Tool (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/123674-rfi-seed-starting-tool.html)

JW 19-02-2006 08:59 PM

RFI: Seed Starting Tool

I've searched high and low for something I saw someone once use for seed
starting, but it has been several years ago. I've searched the web for
"Seed Starting Tool" and various other search words, and cannot find what
I'm looking for.

I'll attempt to describe it. It is a metal tool (but could be made of
plastic), that "stamps" out the wet seed starting mixture into little
individual "cells".

Is this enough for you all to go on? Can you point me to an online
dealer? Thanks in advance!

--
JW [jonwolgamuth(at)gmail(dot)com]

"We know too much, and are convinced of too little. Our literature is a
substitute for religion, and so is our religion."

--TS Eliot

JW 19-02-2006 09:03 PM

RFI: Seed Starting Tool

It came to pass that on 19 Feb 2006,
scribed thusly to all in rec.gardens the following inspiration:

I've searched high and low for something I saw someone once use for
seed starting, but it has been several years ago. I've searched the
web for "Seed Starting Tool" and various other search words, and
cannot find what I'm looking for.

I'll attempt to describe it. It is a metal tool (but could be made of
plastic), that "stamps" out the wet seed starting mixture into little
individual "cells".

Is this enough for you all to go on? Can you point me to an online
dealer? Thanks in advance!

Doh! It's called a soil blocker. I completely missed that. Posted too
quickly.