GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Oak Bark Mulch - around Citrus (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/123776-oak-bark-mulch-around-citrus.html)

MostlyH2O 22-02-2006 07:38 PM

Oak Bark Mulch - around Citrus

Hi Folks,

I have a bunch of dried Live Oak bark - left over from firewood chopping.
Can I use this bark around my Orange and KeyLime trees as mulch? The bark
is around 6 months old. There are some small moldy areas on the bark.

Thanks,
Jack Coletti
St. Petersburg, FL

Doug Kanter 23-02-2006 02:18 PM

"MostlyH2O" wrote in message
Hi Folks,

I have a bunch of dried Live Oak bark - left over from firewood chopping.
Can I use this bark around my Orange and KeyLime trees as mulch? The bark
is around 6 months old. There are some small moldy areas on the bark.

Thanks,
Jack Coletti
St. Petersburg, FL

It's probably fine to use that way. But, if you want to be absolutely sure,
contact your cooperative extension, or browse their publications:

http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/topic.html

http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/