Old 31-03-2003, 07:20 AM
Ben Tuinman

Default Racoons/Skunks

Already this early in the season, and during a present cold spell, parts of
our lawn are dug up by, most likely, racoons, perhaps by skunks...... We are
not sure. We live in S.Ontario. It is possible that we have grubs, but we
didn't think that these insects would be active this early. Could they be ??
And secondly, is there a lawn treatment, or any other method to stop this
from happening this early in the season ? It is quite annoying !! We
thought that lawn treatments are done during July..? All possible
solutions would be very welcome.......!
With many thanks ! Ben & Mary T.

Old 31-03-2003, 09:44 AM
burl

I haven't had any feedback on how effective this is on skunks but we carry a
Mole repellent that is billed as Mole, Vole, Skunk, and Armadillo treatment:
http://www.emerysgardenstore.com/pest-control.html and you can apply it this
time of year.

Also, in order to break the cycle you should use it in conjunction with a
grubicide or milky spore.

Thanks,
Burl

Safe and Natural Gardening
http://www.emerysgardenstore.com

"Ben Tuinman" wrote in message
.. .
Already this early in the season, and during a present cold spell, parts

of
our lawn are dug up by, most likely, racoons, perhaps by skunks...... We

are
not sure. We live in S.Ontario. It is possible that we have grubs, but we
didn't think that these insects would be active this early. Could they be

??

Old 31-03-2003, 06:08 PM
paghat

In article , "Ben Tuinman"
wrote:

Already this early in the season, and during a present cold spell, parts of
our lawn are dug up by, most likely, racoons, perhaps by skunks...... We are
not sure. We live in S.Ontario. It is possible that we have grubs, but we
didn't think that these insects would be active this early. Could they be ??

Skunks dig tidy conical holes, no mistaking them for anything else. They
do it primarily in infested yards. I'd lay odds you do have a grub problem
that in the long run will be more harmful than a skunk. Get rid of the
grubs, then the skunk won't be detecting them & dig the holes.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"

[IMG] code is On

Fun With Skunks JoeSpareBedroom[_2_] Gardening 12 28-08-2010 06:55 PM
Skunks Frank Lawns 4 30-07-2007 09:29 PM
Do skunks fish? Reel Mckoi Ponds 0 17-10-2005 09:29 AM
Q: Do skunks fish? CanadianCowboy Ponds 0 17-10-2005 02:43 AM
skunks laura Gardening 1 20-10-2004 02:00 PM