Old 31-03-2003, 04:56 PM
Callen Molenda

Default Anybody want a prickly pear cactus?

Well, our prickly pear signed its death warrant Saturday when it
attacked my husband when he ran outside to stop a dogfight (spring -
you've gotta love it). He's going to dig it up and haul it away. Truth
be told, it has done a number on all of us, and our dogs also carry the
wounds of getting too close to this monster.

If anyone in Virginia or nearby wants it, I'd certainly love to see it
go to a good home where someone appreciates it (Cereoid+ ??).

E-mail me if interested. Of course, right now it's buried under 3
inches of &^%*ing snow....
Old 01-04-2003, 04:44 AM
Cereoid+10+

Sounds like the dumb dogs are the prickly pair not the plant. At least cats
have enough sense to stay away from cacti. Dogs never seem to learn from
their mistakes. If it was me, I'd get rid of the dumb dogs instead of the
innocent plants.

If you are talking about the common Opuntia humifusa, you can forget it.
Everybody has it.

If it is a shrubby one tell us more about it and maybe its name!

Old 06-04-2003, 10:08 PM
loonyhiker

Where in Virginia are you? We go up to Damascus and Bristol area a lot.

loony

"Callen Molenda" wrote in message
Well, our prickly pear signed its death warrant Saturday when it
attacked my husband when he ran outside to stop a dogfight (spring -
you've gotta love it). He's going to dig it up and haul it away. Truth
be told, it has done a number on all of us, and our dogs also carry the
wounds of getting too close to this monster.

If anyone in Virginia or nearby wants it, I'd certainly love to see it
go to a good home where someone appreciates it (Cereoid+ ??).

E-mail me if interested. Of course, right now it's buried under 3
inches of &^%*ing snow....

[IMG] code is On

Prickly Pear Cactus pixi Gardening 20 23-08-2005 03:35 AM
Speaking of Prickly Pear Cactus... pixi Gardening 1 16-01-2005 01:46 PM
Prickly Pear Cactus Steve Coyle Texas 8 05-06-2003 09:13 AM
Prickly Pear cactus Jim North Carolina 0 01-05-2003 05:32 PM