Old 02-04-2003, 01:20 AM
Mceezee

Default Daffodils drooping

My daffodils that came out a few weeks ago are kind of "drooping" from the
colder weather we have had for the past few days. Is there anything I can do
to prevent this (I didn't cover them during the night since they were up so
high). I was afraid I was going to lose them since we had a cold snap after
they all bloomed.
Old 02-04-2003, 01:20 AM
spampot

Mceezee wrote:
My daffodils that came out a few weeks ago are kind of "drooping" from the
colder weather we have had for the past few days. Is there anything I can do
to prevent this (I didn't cover them during the night since they were up so
high). I was afraid I was going to lose them since we had a cold snap after
they all bloomed.

So are mine, but in my experience daffs are tough. They'll live.

Old 02-04-2003, 02:32 AM
Cereoid+10+

Unless you have inside influence with the weather, you will just have to
accept that is what they do until the weather warms up. Don't worry. Their
flowering is temporarily on hold and no damage has been done. They are a lot
tougher than you think and have had thousands of years to adapt to
unexpected cold weather.

Mceezee wrote in message

My daffodils that came out a few weeks ago are kind of "drooping" from the
colder weather we have had for the past few days. Is there anything I can

do
to prevent this (I didn't cover them during the night since they were up

so
high). I was afraid I was going to lose them since we had a cold snap

after
they all bloomed.

[IMG] code is On

lavatera arborea in a container - drooping, drooping drooping [email protected] Gardening 2 04-07-2006 08:00 PM
Drooping Arborvitae's bd Gardening 1 02-05-2003 06:08 AM
drooping crocii - help Katharine Mill United Kingdom 6 15-03-2003 06:08 AM
Drooping Helleborus Fredgibson United Kingdom 1 22-02-2003 12:19 AM
Drooping Helleborus Jack United Kingdom 2 21-02-2003 03:59 AM