Old 14-02-2003, 01:27 PM
TOM KAN PA

Default Celebrating Valentine Day Poll

Here's how the first 17,648 Poll respondents said most Americans would be
spending Valentine's Day this year:

(A) Having romantic dinners: 2%

(B) Cuddling on the couch: 1%

(C) Checking terror alert warnings: 3%

(D) Buying duct tape: 94%

Old 14-02-2003, 01:39 PM
Cereoid+10

Maybe they should change the name to MacGyver day?!!!

What no Swiss army knives too?

What good is having duct tape without a swiss army knife to go with it?

http://www.tvtome.com/MacGyver/

Old 14-02-2003, 02:27 PM
animaux

I read the northeast has run fresh out of duct tape, or "duck tape" as they call
it in Texas. Bleeech. My husband, and conspiracy theorist said the duct tape
industry must have been suffering, but had made huge campaign contributions so
the administration threw "buy duct tape" into the mix to help boost their sales!
And a wowwie wow wow. Now THAT'S cynical! We had a good laugh.

Oh yeah, he wished me a Happy Valentines day before he left for work. We don't
buy into the manufactured holiday. It's a Hallmark marketing ploy, as well as a
mid winter boost to retail.

He said when the time came, he'd dig me a big hole to plant a tree or something
as a present. That was the sweetest thing he could do for me.

Old 15-02-2003, 02:03 AM
harrison

I notice the stock market went up a bit today. Do you suppose it was the
duck tape effect? Eugenia, zone 6, two towns west of Boston
Subject: Celebrating Valentine Day Poll
From: "Cereoid+10"
Date: Fri, Feb 914, 27200302 8:51 AM
What good is having duct tape without a swiss army knife to go with it?

____Reply Separator_____

Good point! And another good point:

Instead of using duct tape and plastic to seal up the house, I think it

would
be better to use duct tape and bubble wrap. That way, if you start running

out
of oxygen, you can pop some of the bubbles and get some fresh air.

Old 15-02-2003, 03:51 AM
Cereoid+10

Duck tape? ROTFLMAO!! Maybe you should change your name to Yogi?

The only taped duck I have seen lately is the one that says AFLAC!!!

From: "Cereoid+10"
Date: Fri, Feb 914, 27200302 8:51 AM
What good is having duct tape without a swiss army knife to go with

it?

____Reply Separator_____

Good point! And another good point:

Instead of using duct tape and plastic to seal up the house, I think it

would
be better to use duct tape and bubble wrap. That way, if you start

running
out
of oxygen, you can pop some of the bubbles and get some fresh air.

[IMG] code is On

Happy Valentine's Day! What are you doing? Diana Kulaga[_5_] Orchids 9 15-02-2008 04:44 PM
Valentine Day Gifts Richi Gardening 0 12-02-2008 07:41 AM
Valentine Day Gifts Richi Gardening 0 07-02-2008 10:47 AM
Need help with Valentine's Day project Will Van Pelt Roses 1 04-01-2004 10:05 PM