GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   (off topic) Potato question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/136587-off-topic-potato-question.html)

higgledy 01-03-2006 09:06 PM

(off topic) Potato question

Whenever my MIL makes potato salad she claims she buys "boiling
potatoes." What are boiling potatoes? I never see a sign in the store
stating that this bin contains boiling potatoes. I am only asking 'cuz
she makes great potato salad and mine is always mush. I guess I am too
proud or too dense to just ask her. :) Please help.

Jean 02-03-2006 12:44 AM

(off topic) Potato question

higgledy wrote:
Whenever my MIL makes potato salad she claims she buys "boiling
potatoes." What are boiling potatoes? I never see a sign in the store
stating that this bin contains boiling potatoes. I am only asking 'cuz
she makes great potato salad and mine is always mush. I guess I am too
proud or too dense to just ask her. :) Please help.

Redskins are considered boiling potatoes. They are firmer, and won't
turn to mush unless you overcook them.