Old 09-03-2006, 11:57 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default CA poppies grow everywhere...

Just wanted to contribute a nice picture that I took....

http://www.see-my-pictures.com/temp/poppy.jpg

Cheers!

Old 10-03-2006, 06:23 AM posted to rec.gardens
Persephone

On 9 Mar 2006 15:57:51 -0800, wrote:

Just wanted to contribute a nice picture that I took....

http://www.see-my-pictures.com/temp/poppy.jpg

Cheers!

Gorgeous!

People make pilgrimages to the High Desert to see the wildflowers
in bloom, including, of course, hundreds of acres of California
Poppies. After the recent rains, there should be lots of flowers.
Check on-line to see when is the optimum season.

Persephone

Old 11-03-2006, 12:52 AM
Registered User

Smile

Persephone On 9 Mar 2006 15:57:51 -0800, wrote:

Just wanted to contribute a nice picture that I took....

http://www.see-my-pictures.com/temp/poppy.jpg

Cheers!

Gorgeous!

People make pilgrimages to the High Desert to see the wildflowers
in bloom, including, of course, hundreds of acres of California
Poppies. After the recent rains, there should be lots of flowers.
Check on-line to see when is the optimum season.

Persephone

thanks for posting the pic for us to see it is really pretty.
cyaaaaa, sockiescat.
Old 12-03-2006, 01:07 AM posted to rec.gardens
Devonshire

On the day of 9 Mar 2006 15:57:51 -0800...

typed these letters:

Just wanted to contribute a nice picture that I took....

http://www.see-my-pictures.com/temp/poppy.jpg

Cheers!

Nice picture. I took this picture of this poppy growing
in North Carolina a few years ago. It's not the same
variety though.

http://www.recipehole.com/poppy.jpg

Old 12-03-2006, 02:41 AM posted to rec.gardens
RAINDEAR

i JUST HAD to write to tell you how beautiful is your cali poppy picture.

i just gotta tell you, too, HOW LONG it took me to learn how to pronounce
the botanical name (and spell it!!): Eschultzia californica -- 2 WEEKS!!!
(there was no internet in THOSE days {ahem} and i didn't have any plant or
garden books {this was WAY EARLY of the genesis of my gardening career}, but
i know now, and YEAH!! it DOES makes a difference (to me). i like knowing
the anatomically correct name of plants (animals and insects, too).

anyways, that's just MY 2¢.

but, cynth, thank you EVER SO MUCH for posting that EARL. ;o)
--
With Malus toward none, and Cherry-Trees toward all.

Newsgroups: rec.gardens
Date: 9 Mar 2006 15:57:51 -0800
Subject: CA poppies grow everywhere...

Old 12-03-2006, 04:44 PM posted to rec.gardens
RAINDEAR

you're right...it IS a papaver, however; and, in fact, is MORE of a Papaver
than the Cali poppy.

the seed your picture comes from are the white poppy seed (not UNroasted
seed, just white) which you can purchase a LB. of at almost any Indian spice
store ....and if i can buy them in my teeny town in new hamster, i'd say
it's easy to say ANYONE could find it in their area(s).

these, like the cali poppy, are annuals, but if you do not take the pods
off, they reseed happily for years.
--
With Malus toward none, and Cherry-Trees toward all.

From: