Old 12-03-2006, 02:46 AM posted to rec.gardens
Devonshire

Default Finding organic seed companies?

On the day of 11 Mar 2006 11:53:42 -0800...
"FableEvilAssassinThief"
typed these letters:

In the Seeds of Change catalog that I have it says there seeds are 100%
open-pollinated, 100% GMO-free, and 100% USDA Certified Organically
Grown in accordance with National Organic Standards and meet or exceed
Federal germination requirements. They also show the latin name by each
of the seeds they sell. It's in the catalog, on their website and on
the seed packets I got from them.

Does anyone know of any other company that also sells seeds like this?
I don't buy seeds from a company unless it is 100% of each of the
above.

I have seen several organic and open-polinated seed companies, but none
so far have had the latin name for the seeds listed. This part is
important to me because I want to make sure I know exactly what is
being planted and so that I don't put related crops too close together.
Another reason is that I try to use crop rotation in my garden, which
is hard to do correctly if you don't know the exact species you are
planting.

When I ordered my seeds for the year I noticed that Parks Seed
had a section of Organic seeds. I have no idea what their definition
of organic is... The standards use in the production may be listed
on their web site. They do list the latin names.

http://www.parkseed.com

Devonshire

Old 12-03-2006, 05:19 AM posted to rec.gardens
Doug Kanter

"Devonshire" wrote in message
[...]

Burpee has some too.

Old 18-03-2006, 11:32 PM posted to rec.gardens
FableEvilAssassinThief

I don't buy anything from companies that sell anything hybrid or
non-organic. Having the latin names there is good for people who aren't
limited to where they can shop.

Old 18-03-2006, 11:36 PM posted to rec.gardens
FableEvilAssassinThief

Both Parkseed and Burpee are out. I don't buy anything from companies
that sell anything hybrid or non-organic.

Old 19-03-2006, 02:40 AM posted to rec.gardens

Me neither. Try Baker Creek www.rareseeds.com They are especially good
if you like squash LOL.

chula